Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LENT: How do you like yours?

• 08-02-2005 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

1: Lent: HA! You're joking
    2: Just give the whole choclate jamborie up, want to lose extra pounds
    3: Give up anything that's labelled junk
    4: Give up certain things here and there(e'g' Choc biscuits, white choclate etc.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I'm a Lent: Ha! You're joking fella now, but as a kid I would give up sweets entirely, but continueing buying them all the same. By Easter to go with the eggs also have a collection of sweets to add to the sick stomach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

pretend to give up sweets.
    its worked so far for 18 years!
    Just to keep em happy!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Crucifix wrote:
    as a kid I would give up sweets entirely, but continueing buying them all the same. By Easter to go with the eggs also have a collection of sweets to add to the sick stomach.

I used to do that too! We were allowed a day off Lent on Mother's Day and Patricks Day, I would eat sooo much chocolate on those 2 days :D

This year I'm going to cut back on the crisps and chocolate and try not to eat so much of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I dont think I've ever given up anything!

Anyone actually giving something up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

As its Ash Wednesday, I feel I must must insist on extra helpings of raw meat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

galactus wrote:
    As its Ash Wednesday, I feel I must must insist on extra helpings of raw meat.

"Extra chicken in my sandwich please!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

you dont have one that i agree with i'm more of a

lent ... lent.... whats lent????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

im givin up loads this lent its a great excuse 2 eat nothing and my mam,friends etc. cant give out bout me not eating

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

*adele* wrote:
    im givin up loads this lent its a great excuse 2 eat nothing and my mam,friends etc. cant give out bout me not eating

get help. seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

HAHAHAHAHA LENT... prrfff..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Lent? WHAT-EVVERRRRR! I'll be trying to increase on my daily sweet intake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

I'm not religious so I don't do lent usually, but i might try to cut back on how much sugar i eat. So I guess I'm a number 4 then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

ill go home and have a big slab of cow or pig ......um or both. yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I used to give up sweets and fizzy drinks for lent as a kid, but as I got older I never really gave a toss about Lent or religion.

However, since my grandad died, he was a pioneer all his life, I simply give up the booze in his memory for Lent, have been doing it every year since he passed away, and intend to continue doing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I used to give up sweets and if someone bought me some, which they usually did, id hide them away and have a massive sweet feast after Lent :D Dont bother with it these days, gone off religion heh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

I'm not very religious but after going to a christian primary school and secondary school it's kinda drilled into you to give up something for lent. I'm normally a 3 or 4. I start with good intentions and stuff but it never really lasts. I'm trying really hard this year so you never know........... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I think I'd better close this before we have every parish priest in the country trying to convert the lot of ye!

Thread Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement