Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Normal time for piercing to close ?

Options
  • 08-02-2005 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    This is a bit of a strange one, I have had an eyebrow piercing for nearly 6 months now and love it. I went snowboarding 2 weeks ago and took out my eye ring in case it snagged on goggles etc., so 4 hours later I try to put the ring back in and to my suprise it had completely sealed up. I couldnt even get the ring into the start of the hole, and this wasnt just a 'bit hard' to get it, i basically had to force the ring back in, which was a hell of a lot worse than getting the original piercing done.
    I'm just wondering if this is normal or not ? for the next 1-2 days afterwards there felt like a hard lump over the ring inside my eyebrow but it eventually went away and is back as normal now.
    I know piercings close up over time if they dont have a ring in, but i though 4 hours was taking the piss.
    So is this normal or am I some kinda freak ? :)
    cya

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Nipples can take up to 18 months to heal, eyebrow may be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

I'm no expert, but from personal experience i've had problems with my nose piercing even till now and i got it done 2 years ago!! A few months ago my piercing fell out while i was asleep and in the morning i couldn't get one the same size back in, so i had to get a smaller ring... i suppose i could have forced it but as you said its fúckin sore! so, more to the point, i'd say "closing" time is different for everyone, to some extent anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Did you get it pierced with the ring? Rings put more pressure on than straight bars
    Eyebrows have a tendency to migrate from the amount of pressure put on them(facial expressions etc..) so healing time takes a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

that sounds pretty normal. The piercing wont heal but the entry and exit holes seal over with scar tissue. The tunnel of the piercing is still there and you just need to break the scar tissue.

dont worry your not a freak :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

It's very rare you will get an eyebrow piercing that will allow you to take it in and out as flexible as say an ear will due to most eyebrow piercings slowly migrating, It's more uncommon than common for an eyebrow piercing to last a long time. I've had 6 done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I had my eyebrow done about 3 or 4 years ago, I took it out for a few hours as it was hurting me (caught it in jumper when pulling it off). To my amazement, it had closed up completely when I went to put it back in a few hours later. I tried and tried to push it back in (bar) and couldn't bare the pain so gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

had it peirced for about 3 or 4 months I think, wasn't in as long as I'd have liked to have had it in but there ya go!

Advertisement