Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanna Pass Mocks?

• 08-02-2005 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭

Buy Less Stress More Sucess Books.

Well worth it.It summarizes all you need to know.
    Also

WWW.skool.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

btw, it's www.skoool.ie, but luckliy for you. skool.ie works..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Capitalisation like that tends not to matter for URLs, anyway.

And what exactly are those less stress more success books? Are they basically revision books with some exam taking tips thrown in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

I thought so.ah well it works.

Capitalisation like that tends not to matter for URLs, anyway.

And what exactly are those less stress more success books? Are they basically revision books with some exam taking tips thrown in?

No tips,just a massive summary of dates and even exam papers with em.7-8euro...could decide on an honour.I have a history one,and if you wanna be a teachers pet,get a few of em and show them off :D

(like i did)

Or, if you want to be a pretentious, elitist snob, DON'T get them, and show off how you don't need them. :)

• Advertisement

Yeh you could do that,UNTIL YOU FAIL!

Oh no, you can't possibly fail with my plan. Everyone, (including people who don't know you) will be so impressed with how intelligent you're pretending to be, that anything under 97% will, in their mind, be automatically increased to that precise number. It's a fool proof plan to win everything in life.

However if you crash and burn horribly, and end up living in the gutter as a hobo, you obviously didn't follow the plan correctly.

LOL!

Ever get the feeling teachers are out to give you detention?

WHY ME?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I owned a history one. Never used it. History book was far more interesting.

If you have trouble studying the largeness of the entire course, then maybe they're for you. Personally I didn't like them because they were assembeled rather than actually written. If that makes any sense at all

Yeh,all point form and dates,not actually storys.I know history in general(in the course)just i wanna remember all the dates and stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It's handy for a quick cram all right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I own lost of them , and a lot of people in my school use them . You could go through the 3-year course in 6-7 hours(for each subject) , and I don't seem to have a problem remembering that much info at once , so I think they're great .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

recomendations...whatever your weak on

I have 2 revision books (one mine, one my sister's) for history, along with my 2 actual books and 3 other ones my sister used.
    I think what's annoying, with history especially (and I suppose other subjects as well I've just noticed it more with history) is that every book has a different version of things. Okay they all have the same vague idea but it differs just enough to be almost confusing.
    Now, if you've got time to sit down and read through each of the different books it's quite interesting to see the differences, and get different perspectives/ideas about particular events. Good good yeah, whatever, but for cramming it's not as good. If you want to learn things off, you need to read the same line over and over and the same phrases and points until those are hammered into your head. Trying to grapple around slightly different angles just makes it more difficult to learn off.

I'm quite certain there's a point in there somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 4000Holes

I bought most of them when I did they JC. SOme were great, some weren't.

The Science one is fantastic. Thanks to it, I answered EVERY question on the paper, even the parts we didn't cover. History was good. Once you know the stuff, you just have to read this and it'll all come flooding back. Maths was useful when practicing the papers. Business...was rubbbish. It was as big as my normal textbook >_> Geography was decent as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

A few people in school use them, I think I'll wait to see their results compared to mine before I buy any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

Most are rubbish and a waste of money just resay wats in da textbook
    English, Irish, French, Maths, History= rubbish
    Geo, Science, Business = ok but not gr8t
    Just do yur own notes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

For cramming I suppose they are OK, but when you get into a Leaving Cert class, particularly an Honours one, with your Junior Cert. A or B or whatever (thanks to the notes), the teacher is quite entitled to expect that having achieved that grade, you have a certain understanding of the subject and the concepts involved. This might cause difficulty for you at Leaving Cert. level.

There are no short cuts really, certainly none that are worth it in the end.

Some of yee have a few of em.Anyone wanna sell them to me.Anyone interested in selling them to me.
    Anything exept history(i have it)

• Advertisement
Advertisement