Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of address

Options
  • 09-02-2005 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

I'm moving into a new place soon enough. The rent is paid by standing order out of a rent account. We all put our rent into this account before the due date each month. By all accounts it works (and has worked) fine. However, because it's paid by standing order there is no rent book.

I need to be able to provide proof of address for myself in the new place - would the best idea be to put my name on the phone bill? (The lad moving out was the name on the bill so it would be a straightforward swap)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

on standing orders there should be a comment as to where the money is going.

I have two standing orders on my account. one says "Concern" the other says "message board" (boards.ie subscription

Get a bank statement from the account you are paying rent from and to be on the safe side get a letter from your landlord. your landlords name should be on your bank statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

ESB, Cable, gas, council bills (rent, water, refuse, etc.), bank / credit card statement - any household name should do for most purposes. The less well known, the less acceptable.

Just make sure the bill is up to date with payments :D Unpaid bills, final demands and court summons tend not to instill confidence in service / credit providers. :D

Advertisement