Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What IT courses to do?

Options
  • 09-02-2005 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

i want to bulk up my qualifications just wonderin if these are any good?

Network+
    Server+

i am doing a degree in Software Eng [3rd year] and i want somthing extra to get my foot in the door when i go looking for a job. Either as a software eng or an admin. BTW i picked these 2 certs as i already know the content of them i just need to sit the exam or is it even worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

You're better off doing the Cisco exams or Microsoft ones, the ones from CompTIA aren't as recognised as Cisco or Microsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

i was thinking that cus the exams papers for the network+ and ther server + are quite easy. dont really want to do the the ccna's now cus they are expensive and i dont have access to any cisco equiptment

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Would second what Demeant0r said but those Comptia exams do count towards MCSA (which is MCSE/2)

Advertisement