Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What movie do you watch over and over again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

I love watching Donnie Brasco now and again, ' forget about it, like Raquel Welch is a nice piece of ass forget about it', 'sometimes it just means forget about it'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Halloween

Troop Beverly Hills

Tiny Toons: How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Jurassic Park

The Brady Bunch Movie

A Very Brady Sequel

Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion

X2

Josie & the Pussycats

Election

-- Mostly just re-watch comedies I like, can't think of anything heavy that gets regular viewings! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    lotr all the way!
    hey the guinness book of records says that the person who watched the same film the most times was a welsh lady who seen tsom 300 times!(seriously) mabye you should give them a call ;)

300 times seems a bit low - unless it was it 300 times in a row supervised by Guninness people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Didnt realise there was an original Bedazzled, seen the the remake with Catherin Zeta Jones (I think) and it was rubbish!

The remake was with Liz Hurley. It was terrrible. The original was made in 1967 and is very hard to come by. They've never re-released it :mad:

I've have a very old copy on video (no, you can't borrow :p ) Classic. Raquel Welch as Lust...yummm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

DBK wrote:
    The remake was with Liz Hurley. It was terrrible. The original was made in 1967 and is very hard to come by. They've never re-released it :mad:

I've have a very old copy on video (no, you can't borrow :p ) Classic. Raquel Welch as Lust...yummm

Where theres a will etc ....

FILM: Bedazzled
    Channel: BBC 1 Northern Ireland
    Date: Tuesday 15th February 2005
    Time: 00:05 to 01:50 (starting in 3 days)
    Duration: 1 hour and 45 minutes.
    Cult comedy, based on the Faust legend, in which the Devil grants a suicidal short-order cook who is in love with a waitress seven wishes in return for his soul. One after another the wishes come true - but there's a sting in the tail.
    Director: Stanley Donen
    Starring: Peter Cook, Dudley Moore, Eleanor Bron, Raquel Welch, Alba, Robert Russell
    (Widescreen, Subtitles, 1967, 4 Star)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.digiguide.com. Copyright ©1999-2004 GipsyMedia Ltd. Information copied from DigiGuide cannot be re-distributed, sold or used without prior written consent from GipsyMedia Ltd. All rights reserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Pigman II wrote:
    Where theres a will etc ....

FILM: Bedazzled
    Channel: BBC 1 Northern Ireland
    Date: Tuesday 15th February 2005

That's amazing :) Thanks Pigman II, you've made my week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

What's "tsom" the 300 times watched film?

Current rewatching favourite for me is is The Pirates of the Carribean. Hilarious, pity about the poxy ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I watch lost in translation over and over again. Its not my fav film of all time or anything like that its just i like the music i find it relaxing,witch is funny as im not really that big a fan of Air!

DapperGent wrote:
    What's "tsom" the 300 times watched film?

Presumably The Sound of Music?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Ah. Cheers Pigman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Braveheart, what a movie - the story, the acting, the fight scenes, the music...pure class. So good they ripped it off for Gladiator ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Flinty

Usual Suspects...Love it
    Goodfellas
    Lebowski
    Fargo

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Neuro

Bladerunner
    Goodfellas
    Wall Street
    Dr. Strangelove
    Full Metal Jacket
    Heat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

Con Air
    Predator
    Aliens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MizzKattt

*Galaxy Quest
    *Drop Dead Gorgeous
    *Undercover Brother
    *Van Wilder
    *I’m Gunna Get You, Sucka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

the matrix
    fight club
    donnie darko
    aliens
    clockwork orange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Fight Club, (acting & story)
    The Good, the Bad, the Ugly.. ( Everytime I see this I find something new about it to love )
    The Usual Suspects, (the acting and story )
    Predator, (love it since I was a kid )
    Battle Royal (The violennce build up to the knife in the you know where ;) )

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly.. ( Everytime I see this I find something new about it to love

Completely agree. Can't understand how i forgot to add it to my own list earlier.

Have seen in at least 50 times, though only once on the big screen.

Have you spotted the manequins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

I watch lost in translation over and over again. Its not my fav film of all time or anything like that its just i like the music i find it relaxing,witch is funny as im not really that big a fan of Air!
    The soundtrack to Lost In Translation owes more to Kevin Shields (previously of My Bloody Valentine) than to Air.

And to stay on topic...

It's A Wonderful Life
    Vertigo
    North By Northwest
    The Sting
    Memento

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭mwnger

Braveheart, what a movie - the story, the acting, the fight scenes, the music...pure class. So good they ripped it off for Gladiator

Do other people agree with this? I haven't seen either film in quite a while so I couldn't possibly comment.

But I will say that it's a depressing thought that someone like Ridley Scott would rip-off someone like Mel Gibson*

*a mutton-headed, ignorant, hypocritical, philistinistic, bigotted, macho troglodyte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

dirty dancing-BEST FILM EVER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭TattyTeddy

Best film ever : Bridget Jones
    Best tv show: Family Guy
    These two things I could watch forever on end and never get bored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

garred wrote:
    Braveheart, what a movie - the story, the acting, the fight scenes, the music...pure class. So good they ripped it off for Gladiator ;)

Couldn't disagree more. Overrated boring pile of Mel-Gibson-ego-massaging tosh.

My re-watchers: Fight Club, Royal Tenenbaums, Cannibal The Musical, The Big Lebowski. I don't know why, but those films just entertain me no matter what, especially the commentary on the Cannibal The Musical DVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I watch 24 Party People quite alot and sometimes 12 Monkeys.

I watch 24 Party People quite alot and sometimes 12 Monkeys.

I like 48 Hours. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

coocoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Waynes World 1 and 2
    Ferris Buellers Day off
    Pulp Fiction
    Animal House

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Miles

I would have to go with "Shaun of the Dead."

Classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Miles wrote:
    I would have to go with "Shaun of the Dead."

Classic.

It's a great film, but lets give it oh more than two years before we strap on the word classic beside it shall we?

Braveheart is an overlong self indulgent piece of crap with this huge sagging middle (the bit with the horse in the guys bedroom)

DBK wrote:
    That's amazing :) Thanks Pigman II, you've made my week.
    DapperGent wrote:
    Ah. Cheers Pigman!

No worries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Loretta.

Goodshape wrote:
    I also tend to alternate between the Holy Grail and Life of Brian; I'd watch one to death over the course of a year or so, then switch to the other.

i cannot believe i called myself a monty python fan and had never seen this movie till last nite.
    genius

tis but a scratch!

ill say no more.

back on topic:
    id say the scream movies were the 1st films i watched repeatedly..
    more recently its been the shining...mainly cuz i love showing it to other ppl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Probably Dumb and Dumber for me.. lost count how many times i've seen it.
    I've also watched Lost In Translation a good few times since I bought it on DVD. Love the mood of that film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    Does anyone remember the post-apocalyptic movie with Christopher Lambert about 'the Game'? Played with a dog's skull?

Twas Rutger Haur in The Blood of Heroes, though I remember it being called 'salute of the jugger' when I rented. Man that takes me back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Carpo wrote:
    Twas Rutger Haur in The Blood of Heroes, though I remember it being called 'salute of the jugger' when I rented. Man that takes me back...

Thank you so much, been trying to track it down for years. Doesn't help that i was convinced it was Christopher Lambert in it. Used to actually play that game with my mates when we were 14.

It was Salute of the Jugger to us as well. Used a deflated rugby ball instead of dog skull. I was one of the people who swung the chain around their heads. We used a rope with a shoe tied to the end.

Halycon days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭mad m

Betty Blue especially the opening scene...Ohhhhhhhh Yessssssss!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

PaulDeehan: Dog Soldiers. Me and the mate even have a drinking game for it.

What's the drinking game? class film.

I watched the matrix about 15 times but havent touched it since the pants sequels came out for some reason.

The last of the mohicans
    Aliens (of course :) )
    Airplane
    The blues brothers
    predator
    leon
    The good the bad and the ugly
    x men 1
    back to the future 1,2 and 3
    star wars 4-6
    The Indiana Jones films
    Grosse point blank
    Dawn of the dead (either version, both are excellent)
    I've watched Shaun of the dead too many times to be healthy.
    ditto pulp fiction.
    The princess Bride "my name is..."
    I went a bit DVD crazy there for the last couple of months and more or less doubled my collection so there amy be others lurking about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Don't mean to be snotty, but as a fellow fan could all the other 'Aliens' fans please refer to them as Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien ressurection?

Or are all of you talking about the 2nd movie?

I don't think we all love them and watch them all equally. Parts (most?) of ressurection are pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭ando

Loretta. wrote:
    more recently its been the shining...

:D me 2 :D

although I am steadly getting into a routine of watching 'Bad Santa' over and over!!
    badsanta.jpg

hahah, funny $hit. 'what the f*ck do you want for chrismas kid' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

The Lion King
    LotR trilogy
    Starwars trilogy

They would be the ones that I have watched the most.

• Advertisement

mad m wrote:
    Betty Blue especially the opening scene...Ohhhhhhhh Yessssssss!

That bit where Betty throw paint over Zorg's boss's car is outta here. Classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

The Lion King.
    The Emperor's New Groove.

The Goonies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Tend not to watch too many films over and over as I prefer to hunt down a movie that I haven't seen before but sometimes I get tired of that and fall back on a few "comfort" films. The film I've seen the most of, by far, is Groundhog Day. I also have a compusion to watch Memoirs of an Invisible Man anytime it's on tv and any other Chevy Chase flick from the 80's, especially Fletch.

Don't mean to be snotty, but as a fellow fan could all the other 'Aliens' fans please refer to them as Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien ressurection?

Or are all of you talking about the 2nd movie?

I don't think we all love them and watch them all equally. Parts (most?) of ressurection are pants

I was refering to the second one; aliens as I'd say most folks are, though the first was a classic too. Imo the third and "ressurection" were utter pants

Brerrabbit wrote:
    I was refering to the second one; aliens as I'd say most folks are, though the first was a classic too. Imo the third and "ressurection" were utter pants

I wasn't!

Alien is a far better movie than any of the sequels. Not only the best sci-fi movie but also the best horror movie of all time. Pure genius.

The sequels are good (especially Aliens) I enjoy watching them every now and again but nothing beats the original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Ferris Beulers D.O., Aliens, Back to the future 1/2/3, Commando (for the truly outstanding cheese!), Predator, Grosse Point Blank.

sorry I should have been clearer; when I said most folks were refering to the second movie, I meant those that had said "aliens" were refering to the second movie rather than "Alien". I didn't mean that those that said "alien" meant "aliens". JR. Shabadu thought that when someone said "aliens" they meant the whole sequence of films. Confusion all over the shop! in any case sorry for being pedantic but I had to clarify that I wasn't speaking for anyone but myself. (though I prefer the second ;) ) both were classics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Smileylynz

As a typical girl, I must say Ive seen GREASE and Dirty Dancing About 100 times.... . They are the best ever!!! anyone agree?????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Happy Gilmore. "Just tap it in....."

must have seen it about 100 times no joke!

Smileylynz wrote:
    As a typical girl, I must say Ive seen GREASE and Dirty Dancing About 100 times.... . They are the best ever!!! anyone agree?????????

You forgot to add Pretty Woman!

• Advertisement
Advertisement