Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freaking out a bit

Options
  • 09-02-2005 8:58am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Got my tougne done Monday night, all is well and good with the after care, thus far.

Woke up this morning with a lair of something, looked white but on closer inspection was greenish around the bar underneth my tougne. Now I was out drinkin last night, so... that Could ahve somethign to do with it, I've no idear.

I'm litreally packing to go to Amsterdam, for two days. I'm guessing getting the tougne done wasn't the best idear, jus before I leave. It's cool, I can not smoke. But like, is everything alright? Or would it be better taken out?

I really don't wanna loose faith in it.

I jus cleaned it with a cotton bud, hot water and salt, and then defflam-ed it.

I might not get a reply until later when I am already in amsterdam, but thanks anyhoo.

:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Keep up the salt washes, it is probably the fact that you were drinking. I dont have my tongue done so I think there may be people on soon who can help more specifically with this one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Thanks for replying anyhoo :) esp while I am still at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ohandels

Give celestial ring a call 4784273, i'd say its cos you were drinking, i wouldn't worry about it tbh.
    I know a few people who got their tongue done and went drinking a few hours later, their all grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

did you tell them you where going to fly?
    usually they'll wait till you get back.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

ohandels wrote:
    Give celestial ring a call 4784273, i'd say its cos you were drinking, i wouldn't worry about it tbh.
    I know a few people who got their tongue done and went drinking a few hours later, their all grand.

who is that and how come your giving me their phone number?

I'm in amsterdam now, but I think all is fine. Yeay!

• Advertisement

thats a piercing studio in dublin they are really helpful

have a blast.. you can drink and smoke as long as you wash your mouth out after(get a empty bottle of water boil some water let it cool down pour it into the bottle and put some salt in it.... its good for traveling about..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I think the stuff she is describing is a build up of calcuim(a white layer on the bottom ball) its totally grand, you must like a lot of milk? just scrape it off with your nail or a tooth brush,
    When i got mine done I went drinking the night I got it done and the rest of the 4 days after it too, just slows the healing process...

I don't drink any milk at all. I'm allergic :)

I think it's infected, or something. I dunno, lord only knows why. I found it hard to wash it in Amsterdamn, at least twice three times a day. But not after _every_ meal.

I didn't smoke. Which is cool like, but I dunno. It's bugging me.

I might drop into that place in town, thanks for the name and number. :)

No prob, they have a branch in Stephens Green (top floor) and on Abbey St (near the back of jervis centre).

• Advertisement

Thanks again :) It's all fine now. No more swelling!

I'm just scared to change it now. Got a bar in Amsterdam with a cool smiley face on it. Only €8, but like. Agh. The trauma's of peircings eh?

Lol, and me with two besides me ears.

Thansk tho :)

edit=

I jus tried to open the bar and it's pratically impossible. Well, impossible thus far for myself. Like ridiculously so. If I went back to the original piercer, could I ask him to open it and whatnot?

=edit

When i got my tongue done, the peircer but an extra long bar because it swells up, after 3 weeks i had to go back and get a small one but in, if you ask your peicer to do it you should be alright.
    Let us know how you get on.

Nice one, I'll be in town tomorrow or the next day, so I'll prolly do it then.

Thanks again for the help.

Advertisement