Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm Looking for Hostels Vancouver & Auckland

• 09-02-2005 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Myself and the GF are heading off next year and the first 2 places we are staying that we need accomodation are in Vancouver & then Auckland. What I'm looking for is someone to recommend a hostel they stayed in or heard about. They must be central & clean. We will be in Vancouver for approx 1 week at the end of June and then in Auckland for approx 2 weeks start of July(need to book now as the Lions Tour will be on)

Thanks
    David

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

http://www.hostelsweb.com/hostelsweb.com/hostel.php?HostelNumber=1951

this is a hotel but likes to see itself in the hostel sections also.
    Auckland City Hotel no more than about 15 minutes walk from most areas in the city centre. Clean basic rooms, cheap, friendly manager, nice asian restaurant next door. Stayed there twice last year, different rooms, tvs were about 10 years old but apart from that it was fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Central Vancouver: Global Village Backpackers on Granville Street. It's not a dump, it is lively and grand for a night or too. Wouldn't stay for more than thought though as it is sort of old, etc.

Nicer Vancouver: Jericho Beach Hostel is about 20mins for downtown. Never stayed in it myself but used to live up the road and it's such a nice area I would def. recommend it for a longer stay.

Both are on the web AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

www.hostelworld.com. Im heading off around the world in 4 weeks and this is the site Im using to sort out a landing spot in all my locations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭john05

hostelworld.com is pretty good. used it myself last year on my trip down under. booked hostels all over...singapore, new zealand and all worked out pretty good. would recommend them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I stayed in the Cambie Gastown hostel myself.. good spot as in central, about
    10 mins walk from bus depot and downtown and very lively and the fact that
    they have a pub, shop and bakery downstairs does help.. Its very basic and
    kind of old.. its good for a night or two but not really suitable for a long term
    stay.. still good craic though..

They do free picks ups from the airport though.. or did when I stayed there
    anyway.. :)

Cambie - Gastown

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Personnally I'd go out in/near Gastown but I wouldn't choose to stay there for more than a night or two...too close to East Hastings. Just my opinion from experience.

Have a look at a map and get your bearings.

We're talking about Vancouver here by the way. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

Thanks a lot. Will check these out
    Dave

Advertisement