Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Suggestion

Options
  • 09-02-2005 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭

In view of the number of people who join boards just to sell their U2 tickets (at sometimes inflated prices either by private PM's or mobiles) and contribute nothing else to the site. What about a suggestion that newcomers don't have access to PM's until they have posted xx number of times.
    That way any dealings for U2 tickets would have to be on the boards site for everybody to see?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

I agree albeit, they could just spam up the site instead.
    And this should be in feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Papa Smut wrote:
    I agree albeit, they could just spam up the site instead.
    And this should be in feedback

Moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I disagree. You'd be penalising the majority of new members who aren't abusing the system to stop the few muppets who are just out to scalp.

And what would the limit be? 10? - can make 10 posts in a few minutes on AH or Humour easily. 50? - I've seen members here for a year with less than 50 posts. It'd be hard to make it fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Don't think it's a fair solution.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

well how about sending everything to do with u2 tickets for sale to the sin bin. that way people can still see them, but they dont colg up everything. AFAIK no u2 tickets have been sold transparently for the actual price yet!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

If its all happening via PM and mobile how do we know its happening at all? I know iv said openly that I have tickets so noone is likely to offer me some but also no one has PM'd me to offer me €1000 and a night with their girlfriend for them either.

Also whats the definition of Touting? Iv seen tickets (not U2) offered in swaps does that count?

Advertisement