Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

radio code.. help??

Options
  • 09-02-2005 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

after our battery died recently the radio died too. we eventually got code from the guy we purchased the car. problem is I put in code and press AS button as instruction. problem is it doesnt work. so I am wondering if anyone knows how i can get around this. the radio is VDO CDR 500 (not sure if it is siemens or dayton) its orignal radio on opal vectra.
    any ideas would be appreciated. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You might need to go to an opel dealer, who'll get serial numbers and stuff, and then ask opel for the code.

I know someone who works in a dealership, and the amount of youngfellas they get coming up to them claiming to have "lost" the front panel or code from their radio is staggering. If the radio's an original, it shouldn't be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

Yeah, just call to a dealer (preferably the place you bought it!) with the car and they'll sort you out...

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

What they said. The dealers will help. I could possibly too, but not prepared to post info like that publicly; could potentially help the people that the codes were invented for, ye know?

Advertisement