Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit of direction.

Options
  • 09-02-2005 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

I wouldn't say that i'm that big into manga/anime but what manga would you guys reccomend, that i might enjoy if i enjoyed the lone wolf series?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Grand_Izer

Blade of the Immortal. A manga about a bad ass ronin doin' what a bad ass ronin does best - killing everything in sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

does anyone else notice that the lead character in Samurai executioner has some remarkable similarities with Ogami Itto?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

In addition to the other recommendations, you might want to try 'Offered', also by Kazuo Koike, pretty much for the comedy value. From artbomb.net:

"Pulp fiction is alive and well and living overseas. In Hollywood, the OFFERED short-pitch would go a little something like this:
    Olympic-bound athlete Boy meets insane biker militia Girl, who is offspring of Hitler (whom we learn was augmented to greatness by some weird alien fetal mummy) and reveals to Boy that Gilgamesh ejaculated into elephant tusks and stored them in glaciers so that his seed would be eternal, Girl cajoles Boy into sex, believing the offspring of Hitler and Gilgamesh would rule the world, Girl is murdered by mysterious paramilitary supernazi treasure-hunting cabal while Boy believes himself to be the heir of Gilgamesh, so Boy and crew team up to unearth Gilgamesh's hidden treasures."

Enticing, no?

More information here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yeah, check out Blade of the Immortal, it might be what you're looking for. Another great manga is Berserk, it's very bloody. Being released very slowly though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement