Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aftershaves/deodrants without alcohol content

• 09-02-2005 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I've been unable to wear aftershaves and deodrants that have an alcohol base as Icome out in a rash and my skin gets very itchy.
    I've tried some pharmacists and large department stores for non-alcoholic based toiletries without success.
    Does anybody know of or can recommend a particular aftershave and/or deodrant that does not have an acohol base?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

wellies wrote:
    I've been unable to wear aftershaves and deodrants that have an alcohol base as Icome out in a rash and my skin gets very itchy.
    I've tried some pharmacists and large department stores for non-alcoholic based toiletries without success.
    Does anybody know of or can recommend a particular aftershave and/or deodrant that does not have an acohol base?
    can't think of a particular brand off the top of my head, but health-food type shops (like the hopsack in the swan centre, if you're in the rathmines direction) are good for that sort of thing.
    'simple' deodorant might be alcohol-free, but i can't actually remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Get the Arber aftershave balm from body shop, I swear by it. It shouldn't be hard to find at all, and I'm sure you should find some suitable deodorant too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Most brands use alcohol, as it evaporates at a lower tempature and makes them work better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Isn't the Mum range alcohol free?

There's also the option of the deoderant stick which somehow uses natural crystals to work.

Found the site, Alvin Connor

Advertisement