Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get PHP 4 to work with IIS 4

Options
  • 09-02-2005 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm trying to set up php on an IIS server for a site that uses both asp and php, but I'm having no joy. The server seems happy enough to accept the PHP modules as something to be used, but when I try to run any PHP scripts, the only output to the browser is "The specified module could not be found.". I'm not trying to load any specific modules.

When I map the .php extension to php4isapi.dll, it gives the above error. The server logs are useless, they just tell me that the request was made, and the server returned an Internal Server Error (actually it just says "500" and nothing else :rolleyes: ).
    If I map .php to php.exe, it returns a 400 - Bad request error.

I've actually got this to work before, but I can't remember how :). I've tried it now on two machines, one with XP Pro SP1, the other with XP Pro SP2, and the same results both times. Both machines are also running Apache & MySQL, but it still won't work with these two services stopped.

Any Googling on it gives me results for people who were having errors loading specific modules.

Anyone? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sorry, I should also mention that I have full error reporting on in php.ini and the doc_root directive is set to the IIS wwwroot.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Scratch that. Ran the PHP windows installer, and it gave a message about permissions. Updated permissions for the Internet Guest Account, and *ping*.

D'oh! I've even troubleshooted a similar problem before with Apache and it never dawned on me this time. :)

Advertisement