Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another story of Eircom Incompetence... or is it on purpose

Options
  • 09-02-2005 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

I Live in Kerry, 6 miles (ahem Km) from Killarney, and 3 miles from My exchange, Usual story from Eircom, No date for Exchange upgrade....

So only option was to go with Hi-Speed, there was a special offer Free install and all that jazz, So we ordered it last Oct..

This is what happened...

One week later modem arrived through post, then silence, wasnt sure what to do so I rang them, 'Sorry Sir no order has been placed in the queue for you' Ok anyone can make a mistake...

3 weeks later Rang again as I didnt kear anything, Again no order had placed... Now thats odd dont you think, Work inthe IT industry myself and I suspect its not an IT issue, but who knows , you gotta trust what people say, I guess.

4 Finally around the start of December and engineer comes out and installs the box on the wall.

5 while connected 2 channels, noticed that it would not drop the line when someone tried to ring... So rang up to report the issue, and was told because it was a special offer, free modem and all that, the modem that they sent out does not have that Capability, Now I thought that was odd, because It was a specific question I asked before ordering, and was assured, that it could do this. I naturally was a little annoyed, but was told basically Tough luck, Free install, free modem, nothing they can do..

6, Looking at the bill Ive been charged €119.00 for install, which was supposed to be free...

Now just try and get them on the phone , Forget it! Getting tired of waiting on the phone listening to voice messages tellin me about new and wonderful offers( I wonder was there any queue of people or does everyone have to listen to these) only to be hung up on before I get to talk to anyone

Now what would you do? Has anything like this happened to anyone here? I have to say I am concerned for their future, esp. with offers like SmartTelecom, which of course I cant get being a low Priority rural customer...

regards

Advertisement