Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 4 value bundle

Options
  • 09-02-2005 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

" Nintendo has unveiled an exclusive Resident Evil 4 bundle pack which will launch alongside the game on March 18th 2005.

Included in the bundle is a limited edition Platinum and Black Resident Evil 4 branded Nintendo GameCube, a platinum and black controller featuring the Resident Evil 4 logo, a copy of the game and a special bonus disc.

The bonus disc features making-of footage of Resident Evil 4, plus game movies of Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis; Resident Evil Code: Veronica, Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil 4 and a playable demo of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes – all at the fantastic estimated retail price of around £89! This great offer will be available across Europe from 18th March 2005. "

yummy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Wow this sounds good. Had a gamecube. Usual story lent it to mate. Where is it now? But was looking for a new one and my birthday is just around the corner.It looks pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

saw that on eurogamer a while back.
    tempted to ditch my purple cube for one of these babies now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Niiiice. Though I got a platinum cube already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

yeah sounds good, i was thinking bout gettin myself a gamecube, would probably go for this offer, just was wonering is it worth it, do you think i should bother gettin one?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Let's see, Metroid Prime 1+2, Zelda Wind Waker, Mario Kart, F-zero, Harvest Moon, Viewtiful Joe, the best version of Soul Calibur 2, Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil 1+0, Eternal Darkness, etc.

Most of these are going for budget prices. Therefore yes, for the price, you would be mad not to get one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

What exaclty does it mean by game movies?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

well game movies i assume means non playable running demos of all the previous resi titles on the cube(which is all the resi titles that matter).

yes it is well worth it! I feel resi 4 is gonna bring a lot of people to the gamecube(late unfortunately) and in turn they will want other stuff for it and then realise how great it really is!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Just a guess but there probably videos of the previous Resi games to fill you in on the story.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    I feel resi 4 is gonna bring a lot of people to the gamecube(late unfortunately) and in turn they will want other stuff for it and then realise how great it really is!

Ah, now you're just clutching at straws.
    The Cube is failing and this really won't bring any PS2 folk to the darkside...what with the PS2 version due out in September.
    Dreamcast anyone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dreamcast anyone?

Well at least the Gamecube is making Nintendo profit so we won't lose another great console developer. I felt Sega did everything right with the dreamcast and were more innovative than nintendo with what they did with it. Pity their marketing sucked. If they did the same with the Saturn they wouldn't be pimping Sonic and his mates to the other consoles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

could also be stuff like that movie about Wesker that they gave away way RE code veronica, filling in blanks and back story etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Ah, now you're just clutching at straws.
    The Cube is failing and this really won't bring any PS2 folk to the darkside...what with the PS2 version due out in September.
    Dreamcast anyone?

1:ps2 conversion is having major problems. for one thing, leon in the gamecube version is a solid 10000 polygons or pixels or whichever makes more sense, while the developer for the ps2 version is saying the will have to cut him down to 5000 and drop a lot of the grphial detail just to keep the game at a steady rate. it will not be outin september.

February 7, 2005 - Last Monday IGNcube ran a story on a rumor that claimed the PlayStation 2 version of Resident Evil 4 would see dramatic graphic downgrades over the GameCube original due to power limitations. The rumor, which appeared on various games-focused Internet message boards, cited an alleged interview by Japan's CG World Magazine with Capcom's RE4 PS2 development team as the source of the information.

Although IGNcube took steps to verify the rumor, including trying to retrieve a copy of the magazine in question and attempting to substantiate through Capcom representatives, the information could not be validated at the time.
    Today, however, Capcom confirmed to IGNcube that such an interview never took place and that the previously posted rumor is entirely false.

While Capcom continues to work on the PlayStation 2 port of Resident Evil 4, it has not announced any specifics regarding the version, except to state that it will debut in the latter half of this year for Sony's console

I think it's obvious that there will be downgrades, but that won't stop me buying it...saying that, the better graphics for the GC version most certainly make me buy one.

The same thign happened with Code Veronica, but PS playing fans just waited and it sold more on PS2 then it did on Dreamcast.

Advertisement