Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto V3 Razr

Options
  • 09-02-2005 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

I'm debating buying one of these from a mate in the UK.

I'm fairly sure it'll be locked to Orange and thus, before I shell out the cash; is there anyone in Dublin that would be able to unlock it for me?

Appreciate any info that people can give me on this one!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Ive seen one and it looks cool and is nice and thin with a nice screen,
    but I think it is way to wide,its like they made it wide instead of thin.
    If it were me I would just go with a cheap SE f500i on voda. At €130 u cant really go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

eBay.co.uk is currently flooded with these phones, mostly sim free. My advice would be to buy off a reputable dealer there. Pretty cool design I must say

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭oakers

The guys I would be buying it off has been a m8 for years so I know he's sound. I just don't want to be left with an unlockable phone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

go ahead and buy the phone and give me a shout if you need it unlocked when you get it, but it would be handier for you (and cheaper) if you can buy it already unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Buy this phone for it's looks only. I've been using one for last few days and am not impressed with it really. It's a V550 in a fancy housing. Does nothing special ... standard vga camera, no memory card etc.

Also remember they dropped by €200 last week so make sure the price is good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    No comparison, the S700i is a far better phone in my opinion. Heres the lowdown :

S700 versus V3
    1.3 megapixel camera versus VGA camera
    240 x 320 screen versus 176 x 220 screen
    40 channel Polyphonic versus 24 channel Polyphonic
    Memory Stick verus 5.5 MB internal memory
    InfraRed versus No InfraRed

Downsides to S700 : Bigger, Heavier and more expensive now that V3 has dropped in price.
    I'd still go for the S700.

Advertisement