Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tournament Kildare Town

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Red 1.

Dub13 wrote:
    This one is abit to short notice for me but keep us up to date on the next one...I may be able to bring 5/6 with me.
    Hi Dub... Our next tourney is on March 18th... would be delighted to have you and your friends..

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

seeing as i went along here's my shout on proceedings, totally happy because i've a poker tournament on my new doorstep

as with any tournament 8 start was 8.30 but no problems there
    and it kicked off, 7 full tables of pretty enthusiastic hold em players who all wanted to get involved in pots, i met people there who claimed to be playing hold em for the first time and werent even sure of the rules
    it was 25e to play for 2k in chips, 10e rebuys til freezout for 2.5k in chips and 10e top up for 5k

so with all due respect there were some amateurs
    everyone dealt themselves when the button came around, no problems here
    lots of underbetting and underraising which was commented on during the games but it didnt seem to have any effect,
    hey, i was geeting cheaper looks at flops i wasnt going to argue :D

the freezeout which was about 1.5 hours into the tournament at which there were still 7 tables
    the blinds went up every 15 mins, no stopping the clock

time for tea and sambos and biccies and a chat and smoke break
    top up time, prizes were announced shortly after
    top 9 to be paid 800 to the winner and down to 50 it think for 9th

the chaff was soon sorted from the wheat and players started dropping like flies, i was still in and when it got to the final 2 tables play slowed up

blinds were going up like nobody's business and i won the few 50/50 calls when i needed to stay afloat

the one hand i will bore you with was when i went all in with jacks

called by A 10
    flop had an ace (where's my coat)
    turn a 10
    i got my knave on the river

then the 10th player went and the 9th went 30 seconds after
    30 very important seconds though
    and the final table was called, small break and the 'special' round table was wheeled out, btw i'm still in at this stage
    blinds were 10k 20k and i made a move with A2, called by K7 and pocket 9's (which stood up) so for 25 entry and one top i got 75e back and 5 hours of poker fun

what i must stress though is the friendliness of the game and the spirit its played in and i'll definitely be back

i spoke to earnuffs and some of the others helping after and they are happy with the way the game is progressing and said there would have been a bigger crowd but they missed getting ads in the local papers,

there is also a side pool being collected from the takings to fund a trip to vegas for 2, top 5 players will be invited to the touurney, if you have more than one top 5 placing you get more chips at this tourney

next one is 18th march, i wont be there, i'll be under a table after best mate has won me a fortune in the gold cup that day :D be back in april though
    unless it clashes with my trip to vegas :D:D:D
    maybe may

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Earmuffs,

How did it go, who were the winners etc.
    I couldn't make it as i had visitors.
    What position did you finish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭EARMUFFS

RustySpoon wrote:
    Earmuffs,

How did it go, who were the winners etc.
    I couldn't make it as i had visitors.
    What position did you finish?

A good night had by all. 60 players and cash was paid to the final 10. First got 800. We met with one boards regular who made it to the money places. Although of course there could have been more but none of them made the final table! The winner was also a first time entrant so the word is spreading slowly but surely! The organising committee are hoping to have the next event on Friday March 18th. I'll keep you posted. (PS.finished in 12th meself no complaints!)

Advertisement