Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hit a Jag- mechanics advice?

Options
  • 09-02-2005 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I crashed into a '95 Jaguar last night. Knocked the bumper clean off. No internal damage though. He is sending me the bill, does anyone have even a faint idea of what price region I can expect this to fall into? ****ting myself....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh dear..I hope your sat down.

A complete front bumper will be very expensive - you're talking over a grand.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 happyhippie

mike65 wrote:
    Oh dear..I hope your sat down.

A complete front bumper will be very expensive - you're talking over a grand.

Mike.

Thanks Mike. I was expecting over a grand. If it goes over two though I'm screwed!! Sigh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Agreed!
    Years back I rear ended a 10 year old 5 series, almost writing off my car, causing minimal damage to the rear bumper of the beemer. I was hit with a bill of over £1500. The bill was painful reading, with a ridiculous amount charged for the stuff you can't see like clips and screws to hold the thing on.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

... + respray + jag hourtly rates
    This is assuming that no bodywork is necessary.
    He is sending you a bill or an estimate?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

milltown wrote:
    Agreed!
    Years back I rear ended a 10 year old 5 series, almost writing off my car, causing minimal damage to the rear bumper of the beemer. I was hit with a bill of over £1500. The bill was painful reading, with a ridiculous amount charged for the stuff you can't see like clips and screws to hold the thing on.
    A friends E30 318is was rear ended about 18 months ago and I was with him at the time. The driver of a newish corolla behind wasn't looking and was too close so couldn't stop quickly. In fairness it was a low speed impact with very little visible damage. However, this car as with many others have shock absorbers behind the bumper. These need replacing pushing the cost upwards.
    The corolla was very badly damaged!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 happyhippie

kbannon wrote:
    ... + respray + jag hourtly rates
    This is assuming that no bodywork is necessary.
    He is sending you a bill or an estimate?

An estimate. I hope to god he goes somewhere cheap. I'm so screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

well, if he is a cowboy this will go well over a grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I proberly should'nt mention this ;) but the old XJ6/12 models had bumpers which were held on with just two bolts, they cost £1500 (sterling) new!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

If yer man is a kind hearted soul he might do his best to get the bumper as cheap as possible (eg secondhand) or might let you try and source one. The chances of him doing this are slim unfortunately and I wouldn't blame him at all.

Lots of jag bumpers on ebay including this Front bumper cover for an X300 Jag (which is probably the model you hit)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10390&item=4525683804&rd=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

I crashed into a '95 Jaguar last night. Knocked the bumper clean off. No internal damage though. He is sending me the bill, does anyone have even a faint idea of what price region I can expect this to fall into? ****ting myself....

Well ... that was a very hippy thing to do ...hope your happy with yourself :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

A 95 Jag ! The bumber replacement would cost more than the car is worth. Just buy him another Jag out of the buy and sell !!

Advertisement