Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mailing List

Options
  • 09-02-2005 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place but sure i'll give it a bang anyways.

I'm trying to send an e-mail to a list of about 150 people, but unfortunately just pasting all the addresses into outlook isnt working.

Whats the best way to go about sending these e-mails to the list? I'd send them all individually but its a for club so there'll be e-mails sent out most weeks, making e-mailing everyone individually a bit tedious.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I use Mailman on a Linux server to do all my mailing list stuff but I have a feeling this may not suit you. You should be able to find a mass mailing app that would take the list as a file and send the mail to all of them. Never had to do it my self though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

If you want to use Outlook
    1) enter the email addresses as contacts
    2) set up a distribution list
    3) add each of the contacts to the distribution list
    4) sending a mail to the distribution list sends it to all members of the list.

Regards,

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

are you getting any error messages, some ISP's SMTP Servers only allow a small number of recipients in outgoing mails

Advertisement