Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

XP proccessor usage (too much!!!!)100%

• 09-02-2005 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    My friend has a toshibar satellite 1900-203 laptop.
    When he tries to run an AV Scan the processor usage goes up to 100% and the pc shuts itslef down,..
    Also when browsing (firefox) it goes up to 100% when scrolling down simple html pages..
    Anyone with any ideas or anyone ever heard of this before?? please do tell
    thks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

spyware or virus.

download spybot & ad-aware (google) and after you've run updates on each one do a full scan with each.

then try the virus scan again (making sure that's up to date) and go from there.

if he's stil having problems we can take a closer look, but most of the time that'll fix him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

i think he has tried both of these, adaware and spybot,
    and his virus scanner too, but it wont scan, it just makes the processor usage go to 100% !! anyway, i keep telling him to get a mac, when will they learn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

You should try microsoft's antispam program. There's also the possibility that if all else fails then you could try a complete system wipe and reinstall everything. If you still have problems after that then there may be a hardware problem (processor could be on the way out).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

Try housecall or sysclean. It may work

Advertisement