Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newbie questions

Options
  • 09-02-2005 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

ok so my friend asked me to make him a site and i did. just a few questions, i have 6 buttons on the top of the home page. what i want to happen is when the mouse pointer is hovered over them a small box comes up with a description of where the button brings you (like when you hover the pointer over any icon above while writing a post on boards.ie).

secondly, how do i password protect a forum? i have seen some sites with a mod and admin forum where you need a password to enter and i want this on my forum.

cheers
    moe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

1) alt attribute.

2) What forum software are you using? There is usually an option in the administration panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

1) title attribute. Alt attribute is for images only, and is intended for use as "Alternate text", not "descriptive text".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

JustHalf wrote:
    1) title attribute. Alt attribute is for images only, and is intended for use as "Alternate text", not "descriptive text".
    Apologies, you're right...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Try overLIB that provides powerful tooltips. See the site for examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

how do i title attributes? i am using front page. the forum software is phpbb

• Advertisement
Advertisement