Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starburst Products

• 07-02-2005 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Does anyone else out there think that Starburst should never have changed their name from Opal Fruits?? They were a classic. Now they've changed the name and some flavours, they've lost their magic! Am I right, or am i crazy? I'm not alone in this. I know numerous people who agree with me, I just want to know what the rest of the world thinks.

BRING BACK OPAL FRUITS

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I don't like the new Americanised name, much prefered Opal Fruits. I do think that some of the flavours have changed. I used to love eating yellows and greens together for a lemon lime taste but something isn't right about it anymore.

But maybe I'm just romanticising the lovely sweeties of my childhood and they haven't changed at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

:mad: :mad:
    yes
    america must be stopped
    ****ING AMERICAN **** ARAGH ARRAGH ARAGH ARAGHH
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I think they're still lovely!

They have new Starburst jellies out now too - called Sea Monsters - bit like the Haribo Star Mix - they're nice enough too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

I like the starburst jellybean type things....

have a pink grapefruit flavour.... which is hard to find nowadays...

Although I agree that it should be still opal fruits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Startburst.. Whats a Bursting Star go to do with sweets.. now opelfruit, thats just pure genius

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 redkefka

Thanks for the support everyone. We can't stay silent anymore and must make our voices heard. United we CAN make a difference and bring back Opal Fruits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Just had a packet of them today, not very sour at all. I thought so anyway. Different flavours like sour apple, sour pineapple and sour cherry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Didn't see the point in having 2 threads abaout Starburst products, hence I merged them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 redkefka

Does anyone like Starburst Joosters? I know some people who do but personally I can't stand dem. The sours aren't bad tho.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement