Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anime recommendations

Options
  • 09-02-2005 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

hi this is what I have seen

Akira
    Princess Mononoke
    fist of the north star
    and a few episodes of Naruto

I have ghost in the shell 2 but started watching and with 5mins knew i had to stop and watch the frist one

out off all them i would say I like the akira style the best the furturistic I was if any1 esle can recommend me some quality manga, I really like the movies rather than the series tbh i cba with them, so plz if there is any must see flims iv missed plz tell me

ta Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Ghost in the Shell
    Spirited Away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Check out spriggan and ninja scroll qualiteaaea stuff. Your really cutting down on your options by rejecting anime serieses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Im sure his idea of series will change as he watches more and more anime :)

Add Samurai X to the list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kastraelie

The above are good--I also would recommend Cowboy Bebop even though its really hyped--if you like futuristic drama thats really deep, like Akira you could look at Lain or Evangelion.

Again, these mentioned anime are really hyped but they are really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭saado

Well, to be fair, Bebop is hyped because it's so damn good, apart from the plot issues.
    Some good films are:
    Street Fighter 2
    Ninja Scroll
    Patlabor 1+2
    Escaflowne
    FLCL is a damn good series, if you can get your hands on it i'd recommend that you do. Its only 6 episodes long so it wont take too much of your time either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kastraelie

FLCL = canned aesomeness

I'm writing my doctoral thesis on FLCL, partly because no one will be able argue if I am wrong or not becuase no one can make the least bit of sense of it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Try Sergeant Keroro - the lyrics alone are..disturbing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

You must see
    Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust
    Metropolis
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Neon Geneisis Evangelion
    Hellsing
    Cowboy Bebop

Avoid
    Golgo 13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ryuichi

j0e wrote:
    hi this is what I have seen

Akira
    Princess Mononoke
    fist of the north star
    and a few episodes of Naruto

I have ghost in the shell 2 but started watching and with 5mins knew i had to stop and watch the frist one

out off all them i would say I like the akira style the best the furturistic I was if any1 esle can recommend me some quality manga, I really like the movies rather than the series tbh i cba with them, so plz if there is any must see flims iv missed plz tell me

ta Joe
    you might want to check out a series called Last Exile or Shaman King but like most series their only available to order. or you could try e-bay for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

I definitely have to add:

Clamp X
    Fruit Basket
    Gensoumaden Saiyuki
    One Piece
    Saint Seiya
    Weiß Kreuz Glühen
    Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi

And that's only to start with, I recommend to watch as much as possible. I watch everything even if I don't like (in my case Samourai Deeper Kyo, never got bored so easily watching some anime) :D

FLCL is indeed a good choice, it's pure madness, I still didn't get the all point of the serie but it was so funny and craz that it was worse watching ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Nausicaa Of The Valley Of Wind - an absolute must see for any anime fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ryuichi

i'd have to say Last Exile and Raine would have to be the best anime series i have seen in recent years. I give you fair warning though. Raine is that kind of deep, abstract anime you might want to watch a few times to pick everything out. Shaman king's another good series, especially if you're looking for humour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

I forgot Great Teacher Onizuka not to miss, a must-see anime and .Hack//Sign as well if you're into RPGs and stuff like that. Music in .Hack is excellent by the way, "The Key of the Twilight" is one of my favorite track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I also just watch Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1 and really enjoyed it despite me not liking the film Ghost In The Shell with its pompous self absorbed attempt at philosophy... ahem, nah seriously check out the standalone complex, the animation is good, the story classy and the characters are well fleshed out. I'm waiting on Rahxephon to be delivered from www.play.com, it's meant to be class, something to fill the void that Neon Gensesis Left?

Advertisement