Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moderator query

Options
  • 09-02-2005 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

REF http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=224613&page=3&pp=20
    Moriarty
    Wideband, what exactly are you asking him?
    It just looks like a rant for the fun of it to me.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2359277&postcount=58

When i suggest reading the post again...the response is
    Moriarty
    I read your post. I wasn't flaming, I was asking for you to make your point instead of ranting, and warning you that if you continued in your current form you'd be banned from this board.

Is this normal or acceptable behaviour from a moderator on boards.ie??
    I'd say most people feel forums need policing.....but this is not policing this is guy on a power trip. Am i wrong in my view on this one...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You posted the same thing three times. Even after being questioned about what you were posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

Giblet wrote:
    You posted the same thing three times. Even after being questioned about what you were posting!

posted it twice...as it was overlooked the first time...is that a banning offence?

third post was edited...was it not

Point is anyhow....the attitude of the response

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

I enjoyed reading that whole thread earlier today and your post came across as Moriarty said.

You were asked to explain yourself and felt above the need.

Now you are here posting this.

I'd say Moriarty had your nature bagged and tagged.

is the feedback area not exactly for this purpose?

The forum is called "Feedback" not "Rant about my apparent injustice"

You were making statements about the offer, rather than asking questions. You then asked the guy to respond to your statements as if they were questions. You were told not to do this unless you have a question. And then you posted the same thing slightly reworded. The only question you asked was in fact answered.

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Moriarty is being left alone to mod a busy forum . Where are the other 4 mods I ask !

No wonder he is getting tetchy .

What are you on about Mercury...thats the question and answer from Smartcom FAQ.
    Ill say it again.. Moriarty was correct to ask you what you were doing.

that makes sense alright

The part where you say "Use it at your own risk"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

wideband wrote:
    is the feedback area not exactly for this purpose?

Looks like you're getting feedback on your feedback, that tends to happen here.

My take on it is that Moriarty had a concern over your style of contribution and made that known to you while giving you a chance to clear things up. Your questions were not clear to me from your original post. That is, it was hard to see that you were actually asking any questions. You appear to have made steps to correct that in your most recent post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

For what it's worth I also skipped your post in what was otherwise a very interesting thread. Statements such as
    wideband wrote:
    heard that before!! use it at your own risk
    usually indicate to me that the post is not worth reading.
    I did go back and read it after you reposted the unedited version, and realised I wasn't far wrong on my original assumption.

Statements like that is what makes ISP's wary of posting on forums such as these. I think SMART have made a very good business decision (a smart one :D)to come on here and answer our questions, and as such we shouldn't immediately accuse them or deride their products. Constructive criticism is much more influential.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

wideband wrote:
    Am i wrong in my view on this one...

yes you are

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The questions in that thread seem to be repeating themselves now cos people are too lazy to read the whole thing. Maybe some kind individual could summarise all the questions asked and answers given for the lazy gits on teh BB forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

seamus wrote:
    The questions in that thread seem to be repeating themselves now cos people are too lazy to read the whole thing. Maybe some kind individual could summarise all the questions asked and answers given for the lazy gits on teh BB forum.

Aye, I'll be doing something about that in a while when I grab a few minutes.

*grumble grumble*

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm with Merc, I think Mor had your attitude so nailed that it stung. Thanks for the feedback though.

DeV.

Advertisement