Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Firearms Pass

Options
  • 10-02-2005 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi Gang,
    New to the forum.
    You are all a great source of knowledge.
    I would like to put this strategy to the Forum for debate and "Will this Work"
    If a person has an EU Firearms Pass and the Gardai have been very helpful and have made an adjustment to said EU Firearms Pass to a purchase of a Pistol in Germany. Could one apply to the German Authorities for a Visitors Permit. Fly over to Germany to collect from the dealer. Or have the dealer ship the Pistol on the power of the Visitor's Pass and the EU Firearms Pass.

Just throwing it out there for debate and the "Will it work" factor.
    Kimber

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭gouda

Kimber wrote:
    Hi Gang,
    New to the forum.
    You are all a great source of knowledge.
    I would like to put this strategy to the Forum for debate and "Will this Work"
    If a person has an EU Firearms Pass and the Gardai have been very helpful and have made an adjustment to said EU Firearms Pass to a purchase of a Pistol in Germany. Could one apply to the German Authorities for a Visitors Permit. Fly over to Germany to collect from the dealer. Or have the dealer ship the Pistol on the power of the Visitor's Pass and the EU Firearms Pass.

Just throwing it out there for debate and the "Will it work" factor.
    Kimber
    No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

YES!
    Depending on what federal province of Germany you buy it in.
    I have only delt with Bavaria[which has the toughest gun laws in germany]But most German states are happy enough with the EU firearms passport, your irish firearms liscense and passport and you showing up in person to collect the item.As is the UK as well.The import/export paperwork comes into being when it is a dealer to dealer transfer.Ring the dealer in germany,they will fill you in on what they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭oldzed

Kimber, Justice have started to issue import licenses to individuals . get an import licence and get it shipped to your dealer, alternatively buy in the north and collect at the border with your art7 and europass and licence. travelling to germany would be expensive , complicated and unnecessary in my view .

Advertisement