Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW Irish "Guild" Server

• 10-02-2005 1:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

Please list anything I've forgotten.

Most important attributes of a boards Guild server. 76 votes

PvP
    0%
    PvE
    35%
    DeVoretobiDa BouncaLoBoadnansMemnochjoe90IvanBKtjeMatt SimisKairoTuskyDrakarmoridinStatic M.e.KevokDapperGentnetmanCivilServanttuxy 27 votes
    Alliance
    2%
    nesftom_ass19 2 votes
    Horde
    14%
    DeVoreadnansjoe90][cEMAN**BKtjeTuskynetmantuxyStringDazzadTokyu 11 votes
    Low Population
    14%
    nesfIvanMatt SimismoridinStatic M.e.KevokDapperGenttuxykippleEvil GeniusDubhthamlacht 11 votes
    Medium Population
    2%
    Da BouncaDrakar 2 votes
    High Population
    17%
    DeVoreadnansjoe90IvanBKtjeMatt SimisTuskymoridinKevokDapperGenttuxykippleDubhthamlacht 13 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    7%
    tobiIvanStatic M.e.StringDazzadraver_richie 6 votes
    Something else (Please post it)
    5%
    adnansIvanKevokjoe. 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

High Population
    I wanna roll a Horde on a PvP server when I can transfer. I think a high pop server (if there are any at release) has to be avoided given the troubles that high pop players have found in the states. I've no doubt those problems will be fixed eventually but on my low pop server the Auction House and much of Ironforge in general is horribly laggy, if you find yourself in the middle of a large raid it's bad too.

On a high pop server these problems are apparently making the game almost unplayable at certain times and in certain situations.

Anyway Horde, PvP and anything but high pop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

PvE
    guys the problem with a boards guild is that we will be too small. In WoW late game ideally you wanna have enough people to be able to raid MC as a guild. This means u need atleast 40 active players INCLUDING priests/druids.

So while a boards guild is a nice idea, not being able to have enough members in the end will hurt a bit. Because it can get difficult getting the best items as MC/onyxia will prolly be dominated by the bigger guilds and they will give preference to their own members for items. Pick up raids are not really the way to go in those dungeons i'm affraid!

High Population
    Yeah true (not that I know from personal experience) but a boards guild would be a nice starting place to recruit from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭kipple

High Population
    Memnoch,

Do you think a boards guild can form a core at least for a couple of months. We can then look at to merge with a guild that gives us raid capability or adding to our members as we go along.

The merging route was done successfully when I played EQ.

T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Aye, I would appreciate even just a handful of members for the begining. Was playing for a bit through the european beta and I was miserable running around on my own. Would be great just to group for once. We can worry about the late end stuff once we're up and running. Perhaps even recruit people ourselves.

And
    I would imagine there will be quite a few people from Boards playing EU WoW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I got an email yesterday from play.com telling me they posted my copy of the game out, so I will have it for tomorow or monday. My friends play on the states and the only reason its a bit of a pain on high pop is cause they didnt anticipate so many players, but they are fixing it up so it will run smooth.

I was on the recent beta and closed beta, and was playing on high pop servers. It was running fine for me, the odd bit of lag, but to be expected, now they have just upgraded the servers during offline time.

You guys need to get basicly 8-10 players, then you can start one, and recruiting should be easy enough. I personaly am joining a friends guild, and alot of them are wc3 tft players. We will be playing on a server where the big guilds go, since we will all be big players.

High Population
    If we could convince the lads playing on US servers to come over as well we'd be in good shape. Memnoch, BK, Dr. Teeth, Quozl, Dustaz and there must be more I'm forgetting. Most of them are hitting or have hit 60 by now though so they might not be interested, but we'd stand a good chance of hitting the ground with a 10 to 20 person guild.

If we work at it we could easily have that up to raid size (60-70+?) by the time we're worried about the Molten Core. A lot of the discussion about MC on my server seems to indicate 2 or 3 guilds pooling their 60 level characters to have a pop at it rather than expecting a single guild to have 40 60 level characters.

Even beyond all that a boards guild would just be great fun.

TBH your early catch will be on boards, and not much more. There are some very popular guilds out there who recruit easily, and people will join because they have street cred, they gather a large mass of players to raid, over 100. So get yourself a good core, have in your clan certain professions to help ech other and have a vibrant wow community, perhaps with its own boards, then poeple will be enticed by the community aspect.

And when you make your boards make sure im allowed in =P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

High Population
    It would be cool to have a guild with a good amount of irish players. Although I was much more used to wc3 tft getting arranged teams togther was a lot of hassel in my expereince. It was a bit of a pain playing with people you didn't know as you wouldn't know what the hell they might do. communication and the language barrier were a bit of a problem. hopefully there should be a good crowd from boards playin WoW. Horde all the way.

There will be a huge amount of players. Though information has still not being released on price monthly for ireland. If I am correct it sohuld cost roughly 8-9 euro a month if u take the 6mnth package. I'm basicly joining a server and guild with my good mate from tft, so maybe you lot will b on the same server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Medium Population
    Price plans were announced with the european go live date(source):
    After the initial free one-month subscription ends, players of World of Warcraft will be able to continue playing under one of three different subscription plans. The basic month-to-month subscription plan costs 12.99€ per month (£8.99 in the UK), while the three-month plan costs 11.99€ per month (£8.39 in the UK), and the six-month plan costs 10.99€ per month (£7.69 in the UK). World of Warcraft subscription fees can be paid with all major credit cards, many local cards, direct debit (such as ELV in Germany) and pre-paid game cards, the latter of which will be available in retail outlets where World of Warcraft is sold.

11 euro a month, bit steep but hey its worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

High Population
    You guys need to get basicly 8-10 players
    and iirc a **** load of gold. Then theres your tabards (1g tho not compulsory to start with).

I'd defintely be interested when they finally allow players to switch from US to europe so i doubt id be joining yas for a couple months (i also wanna do the last few levels to 60 ). My guild in the states has just hit 103 members (about 40 active). a lot of them have been playing since the get go but none (apart from one) has hit 60 yet. Theres plenty to do before you hit 60 so imo there doesnt need to be a huge rush to hit 60.
    This of course will depend on who you are and your play style.

If you like (for those of you who dont know it so well) i can give a round up of the all the classes in the game as they are now (i assume US and Euro classes are balanced the same).

Regarding the monthly sub.... €11 is quite steep tho i think its on par with the US (14.99 on the monthly option).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I guess I would like a round up, so I wont pick a total gimp :D

Also, when are these battleground roughly due? (I know that blizzard are quite hush on it, but is it expected in a month or 6)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

B-K-DzR wrote:
    If you like (for those of you who dont know it so well) i can give a round up of the all the classes in the game as they are now (i assume US and Euro classes are balanced the same).

Ya that would be handy if you wouldnt mind

Right so, finally got my cd key sorted. What server are we on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Well im currently a level 6 orc hunter named vietmar on bladefist. Look me up if your around :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

Terenas :)

Sou; Level 6 Undead Mage. In brill/trisfal. Should be over your way by level 12-14 for some efficient cloth hunting ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

High Population
    so has it been decided yet?

server and side?

• Advertisement

Well the general consensus so far is Bladefist/Horde.

High Population
    a server with long waiting times to get in?

wasnt the vote in favour of a medium population server?

A lot of sweds are on BladeF too. not a bad thing tho. I am enjoying bladefist, I have already meet some very helpful people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

It was med pop when we all signed up, trust me when i say that bladefist is not as bad as some of the other pvp servers.

In any case I'm a lvl 16 undead priest called Haleferon on Bladefist. Have 2g I suppose I could donate to starting a guild if need be. Anyone like to get it off the ground? If 10 people donate 1g to it we have our guild already! :)

High Population
    Kevok wrote:
    trust me when i say that bladefist is not as bad as some of the other pvp servers.
    realy? which ones are worse
    i just checked and the waiting time is 1 hour for bladefist

Em, I am lvl 13 ( I think lol , either that or 12)
    I would be interested in starting an Irish Guild, only got about half a gold piece tho in total :D

High Population
    it dosnt cost anything to start a guild

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

High Population
    it doesnt.... ?
    then thats changed?

One thing I never really heard about for WoW is housing, can you buy housing?

• Advertisement

High Population
    Housing? Like a castle or something? Nah nothing like that.

Advertisement