Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car stereo advice please

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I agree the Pioneer unit looks a bit nicer. But I don't know if it's STG55 nicer...
    And if you were happy with your last Sony unit...

Hey it's your cash ;)

Make sure you shop around though.

G'luck

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I know I post this in reply to everyone who even mentions a car stereo :rolleyes: , but don't buy it from the states. Their tuning is different and you won't pick up quite a few Irish stations...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

eoin_s wrote:
    Their tuning is different and you won't pick up quite a few Irish stations...
    surely, that is a good thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

But I don't know if it's STG55 nicer...

STG55?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

What type or car is it going in? Something hip, or old and toffy nosed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

kbannon wrote:
    surely, that is a good thing?

That's what I thought initially, but if there is one thing worse than a selection of crap radio stations, it is half a selection of crap radio stations. And don't call me Shirley. hmm, that joke doesn't really work in written format... :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

STG55?
    Uhh 55 pounds sterling?
    The prices in the links you posted were £159.99 and £214.99.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

The Atheist.....

214.99 - 159.99 = ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

its going into a smart car, with a navy and orange interior!
    i won't get one that'll match the interior obviously, but the pioneer would look better me thinks. but €80 more, and I don't even know if it sounds good...

i have to get a converter to make the aerial connection fit, but i never listen to the radio, so i'm not going to bother get it.

dave

Advertisement