Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards in the Independant

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

DeVore wrote:
    I was trying to get at that when I said the Internet will become like electricity, you'll just *presume* its there.

i think a better way to describe the internet, would be to call it an 'appliance'

its something specific, but covers a whole range of things.

id call it a 'network appliance', but i think my friends at netapps would probably sue me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Tom did say that that Boards was very much a joint project with a lot of input for the commmunity at large. However, the conversation with Tom when written up in full came to amost 2000 words. I had 600 or so for the Q&A piece in the paper and about 800 for the online piece.

How's about posting up the original 2000 word article for the benefit of the boards.ie user. It might give some board users a better idea of how much journalists know and editors don't know about us.

Also wouldn't it be a good idea to have a "boards.ie in the Media" section where all articles like this get collected and stored so users can ssee them. It could also act like a chronologly of boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

on day one, daddy cloud created boards.ie
    30 seconds later, some eejit posted 'woohoo! first post!'
    3 minutes later, first spam appeared
    5 minutes later, bubbles registered his 2nd account
    15 minutes and 20 seconds later, someone posted a 'quake 2 sucks, all q2eers are feags' thread
    23 minutes later whitewashman trolled for the first time, and it was good.
    24 minutes later zero insulted someone. this continued every 5 minutes for about 3 years.
    on day two, the general topic of discussion was who much we all hated LPB's.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

15 minutes and 20 seconds later, someone posted a 'quake 2 sucks, all q2eers are feags' thread
    24 minutes later zero insulted someone. this continued every 5 minutes for about 3 years.

A Brief History of boards.ie, brought to you courtesy of WhiteWashMan..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

...where was my shoutout?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

You forgot about the row in the soccer thread about Argentina knocking Engurland out of the world cup again. Ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep that was me :D

Ah the good old days !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I had the old interview with the Irish Times still lying about my room until about a month ago.

The picture still scared me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Not as scary as the red beard.

Whatever happened to that beard....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

arrggghh!!!

DeVore.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Blargh#!!!

Advertisement