Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CD Changer symbol?

Options
  • 10-02-2005 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I was thinking of getting a changer for my CD player in my car ('95 Civic Coupé).

At the moment I've a Kenwood CD player in the car, but the way the dash is laid out, I can't see the back of it to see if there's an input for a changer. I don't have the manual for the CD player.

One of the symbols on the LCD display, which I've yet to see light up is something like this. Can anyone tell me if this is the symbol for a changer, or something else?

Cheers,

Kev.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Probably best if you do a google on the make and model to get the specs for it. Normally there is some sort of button or text that would indicate that the unit can be a head unit for a changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

can you not just pull the head unit?... usually four holes in the head unit, one at each corner of the face, slide in something like a piece of clothes hanger and you should be able to slide the whole head out, have a peek.. slide it back in?

otherwise get any of the details of the head unit (model serial no etc) and have a look through the kenwood website?

personally never seen that symbol before, could be for a cd, or could be your 'imminent alien attack' alert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Thanks guys,

I did an intense search on google, and found a Kenwood pdf file showing the new improvements on their new models.
    Buried in this document was a breakdown of compatibility of older models with various different things, cd changers included. Guess what, mine's not compatible. If the previous owner who put it in had gone one model higher, it would be.. damn. Damn damn!

K.

Advertisement