Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with tattoo - any advice?

Options
  • 10-02-2005 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

Hi, I got a tattoo done about 8 months ago which has been causing me problems since day one. I got the tattoo done when I was in Turkey and I made the mistake of washing it shortly after getting it done. The problem is that the water in Turkey isn't very clean and it also has chlorine in it so the next day the tattoo started to blister. I went to hospital where I was given antibiotic and put on a drip, you could see the infection coming out of my arm for a few days, green stuff - pretty horrible. Anyway once that stopped and I took off the bandages I could see that the tattoo now looked patchy, some of the ink had come out too. I had planned on getting it fixed when I got back to Ireland but now I am afraid to do anything to it because whenever I touch it it begins to itch very badly. If I scratch it it makes things worse because I get a painful stinging sensation which is not unlike the feeling of the needle itself from when I got the tattoo done. I would really appreciate any feedback on this because it's not getting any better after 8 months and I don't know what to do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

go see someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

AlcoholicA wrote:
    go see someone

If that's all you have to offer then don't bother replying next time. I'm interested in finding out if anyone has had a similar experience, not just stating the obvious thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

:eek:

go to the doctor NOW !

you must of got it sun burnent :rolleyes:

i got a tattoo done in portugal about 3 years ago and it was and still is fine. did you not know to keep it out of the sun etc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

what i ment is go see a tattoo artist in a shop and explain to them, they'll probably know what to do and have seen something similiar before..... failing that a doctor.

It didn't get sunburnt, I had it covered up. The problem was washing it with the crappy water over there. I have another tattoo I got done in Ireland and it gave no problem but there was a gap of about eight years between getting the first one and then getting the one that's caused me problems so I forgot about the 'don't wash it' rule. My bad,

• Advertisement

AlcoholicA wrote:
    what i ment is go see a tattoo artist in a shop and explain to them, they'll probably know what to do and have seen something similiar before..... failing that a doctor.

ok, fair enough, I'll give it a go if all else fails but it's really quite painful which makes me wary about messing around with it. Yes I'm a wuss......

go to your doctor mate it could be serious or leave scares :eek:

go to your doctor mate it could be serious or leave scares :eek:

yeah, might be time to bite the bullet alright.

Despatch wrote:
    yeah, might be time to bite the bullet alright.
    oh, to the hospital then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Noone here is a doctor so cant tell you about what reactions may occur.

• Advertisement
Advertisement