Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarassing

Options
  • 10-02-2005 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Teneka

Thought it best to put this here :

You might have noticed the new O2 advertisements in Dublin. Well, I'm pretty sure they're O2, as the language is not actually English. Yes, these ads are in Chinese, such is the way our city has become.

Anyone else surprised?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

whats to be surprised about, yesterday was the start of the Chinese New Year
    its probably just a "seasonal" advert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

You're embarrassed because you can't read chinese?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Teneka

impr0v wrote:
    You're embarrassed because you can't read chinese?

Oh yeah, that's it. You hit the nail on the head there.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

why is this in business?

and whats your point? that we're overrun with chinese?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

He is embarassed cos he normally posts on stormfront and doesn't like the foreign type. This is obviously a sign that we are being overrun by chinese students/imigrants/asylum seekers/welfare junkies etc.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

WTF? O2 are one of the sponsors for the Chinese Festival being held over the next few days celebrating the Chinese New Year. Translated the ad probably says 'Happy new year and buy loads of O2 phones in 2005 and spend loadsa money texting and emailing your mates from your phone especailly the ones who live in China'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Teneka

WTF? O2 are one of the sponsors for the Chinese Festival being held over the next few days celebrating the Chinese New Year. Translated the ad probably says 'Happy new year and buy loads of O2 phones in 2005 and spend loadsa money texting and emailing your mates from your phone especailly the ones who live in China'.

And why hasn't this happened before? Wouldn't be as a result of the influx of Chinese in to the country would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Well last year was the first year of the festival. It may have someit to do with Ireland becoming a cultural melting pot, which can only be a good thang.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

Teneka wrote:
    And why hasn't this happened before? Wouldn't be as a result of the influx of Chinese in to the country would it?
    im guessing that the development of a new demographic would lead them to be targeted by advertisers, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Teneka wrote:
    Thought it best to put this here :

You might have noticed the new O2 advertisements in Dublin. Well, I'm pretty sure they're O2, as the language is not actually English. Yes, these ads are in Chinese, such is the way our city has become.

Anyone else surprised?
    Good Lord, you really are a bit of an idiot.

O2 are sponsoring some of the Chinese New Year celebration activities, so it's hardly surprising they might then have advertising reflecting that fact, is it?
    And why hasn't this happened before?

Because O2 didn't sponsor the event previously, perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Teneka wrote:
    Oh yeah, that's it. You hit the nail on the head there.

Next guess then. You're embarrassed because you can't fully elucidate your latent xenophobia without exposing yourself as a bigot and instead have to resort to complaining about inconsequential ad campaigns in order to see if there are any other sympathisers to your twisted little cause?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Duh and a bunch of guys set up restaurants selling Chinese food in Dublin too, they must have got that sooooo wrong. :rolleyes: @ Teneka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Lads,

keep I dont think this going anywhere so gor the record 02 are advertising in Chinese.

Closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Closed.

open, er, sesame

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Lads,

keep I dont think this going anywhere so gor the record 02 are advertising in Chinese.

Closed.

Eh?

well, i'd like to point out that o2 have had posters in Chineese before, I'm not sure where i was but i was on the 39 bus to blanchardstown and i saw 3 of them, this was last summer, so i don't think it had anything to do with Chineese New Year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement