Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painfully simple Axim question

Options
  • 10-02-2005 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭

It's bugging me that I can't find an answer for this on google and I don't like posting simple questions but I'm at witts end. Every once in a while when using my Axim X50 it pops up with "unable to connect to network". Now, as sometimes I'm sitting on a bus watching an avi file this is not unexecpted, but bloody annoying. The same when I'm using just the cradle (no charger) to charge it via USB, once in a while it pops on and tries to sync with the computer. It's really annoying and I know there has to be a simple answer like untick a box somewhere I can't find. Anyone want to put me out of my mysery?

Thanks in advance,

Declan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I havent seen that ... what sotfware have you installed?

On a different note:
    Most car power cables for Axim X50's seem to be unable to provide enough power to charge the battery (from a low charge state) _and_ run the PDA at the same time ... but if your battery is charged they can keep it going fine ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

Beyond the basic install of windows the only thing I had was a few games and an AV scanner. At worst it's a mild annonence, particularly as it stops playing video if it comes up with this warning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

is the av scanner set to try to update its definitons at set intervals?

Excellent guess, but I turned off anything to do with AV and it's still turning itself on from the cradle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

try unticking maintain connection in activesynch?
    i dont have one so im guessing from waht ive read,
    otherwise might wanna ttry posting here :-
    http://www.aximsite.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=111

• Advertisement

Came accross axim site there yesterday, doesn't seem to be much help. Thanks for the reply thought. Guess I'll have to live with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭DubQuax

only have mine for a week now but I know from Windows that the os tries to connect to a network - any network - if you have specified that in the network options.
    The setting you should try is something like "Use preferred network only" or similar.
    If you block all networks it won't try to connect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

I had the same problem with a PDA
    My email was set to check every so many minutes, which was fine when I was on ActiveSync, or using my wifi card, but when it wasnt on any network, it continued to try and find a network.
    This happens even if your inbox is not running.
    Give that a shot and let me know how you get on.

Advertisement