Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eicom phone line refusal

Options
  • 10-02-2005 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Applied for a phone line 2 years ago.
    House is 500 yards from the nearest connection box which has spare capacity for other lines.
    They still won't put in a line 2 years after the initial request.

Can they do this? Comreg and local TD have had no joy either. What century is this that I can't have a basic phone line.

Is it not a right to have a phone line. Is it covered by a telecommunications Act that I can't find? Is there anything that can be done?

They won't put anything in writing so the Ombudsman won't act.

Anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What do you mean they won't put anything in writing?

Send them a letter about it. They'll have to respond to the letter, with a letter... as you won't have a phone number to give them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

make sure you register the letter and keep the receipt. Also make sure to specify that you want a response outlining why they deny your request. or whatever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

email the boss

phil.nolan@eircom.ie

Its a common story discussed before and often results in a fix so add your story with more detail to the thread below .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=179813

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

Sponge Bob wrote:
    email the boss

phil.nolan@eircom.ie

Its a common story discussed before and often results in a fix so add your story with more detail to the thread below .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=179813

Boycot their corporate HQ on Stephen's Green

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭stormin

Thanks Guys but those stories are almost all about web access and adsl, broadband etc. Those lucky people already have a phone line.

All I want is a little bit of copper wire. I'll put the story together in more detail and post it.

Sponge Bob, I will try the email to the boss, thanks.

Ciaranfo, they won't put anything in writing. We have written soooo many times even registered and no response. We have phoned everyone we can find and no joy.

I think it's a money issue but they won't even admit that. Even if they said that we had to pay €5000 or something it would be progress.

I'll keep at it. Is there any alternative for phone? Mobile reception is even not great and I'm a bit tired of conversations getting cut.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Where are you located, if in Lucan you are surely within 3 miles of Intel so embarass the fúcks . Do post to that thread . It is picked up by the media and has got results in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

If you live in Lucan, see if you can get NTL broadband. Then use Blueface VOIP then you won't need Eircon at all!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭stormin

Sorry guys, this is another house a bit further out in Meath. Lucan is fine for everything.

Advertisement