Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open

Options
  • 10-02-2005 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been posted before but i was just wondering if you could help me out with a little bit of information.

I'm from Waterford so i don't really get a chance to go to Dublin for any tournaments but I was planning to travel up there for the Irish Open (March 24-27). We were goin to go to the tournament on the Friday (€100 buy in).

The questions I had were:

"Tournament registration from 5pm - 6.45pm daily" - is there limited seating? So would I be better to call and see if i can get seats, or should I just turn up on the day of the tournament at said time, and register then. (this sounds like a stupid question to me even, but i don't know :( )

Are there usually fixed prizes or does it go by how many people turn up?

And, are you guys going?

:)

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You'd be better off directing these questions to the Merrion themselves I think (or perhaps an incognito Merrion staff member could answer them here? :) )

Some people here will undoubtedly play the tournies, I'm not a big fan of Festivals (at least I'm not a big fan of playing in them) as they tend to be out of my price range a little and poor investment for return on yer money imho.

My advice would be to book ahead, especially since you are coming from so far away. The tournie prizepool usually goes up as more enter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

Your best bet is to phone the Merrion for more info.

It is going to be staged in the City West hotel this year as they want to have the capacity for 20 tables or more and also because it is going to be televised.

The Omaha Comp is also going to be televised for the first time.

I would advise you to book your tickets in advance for all tournaments - normally the club maintains a list in the run up to the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

Ok, thanks a lot :)

Advertisement