Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rilo Kiley, You have to check this band out!

Options
  • 10-02-2005 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Just got their new album, More Adventurous, and i have to say is definetely a contender for album of the year.

For anyone thats never heard of them their sound is ranges from indie pop in the same vain as the sundays (check out "Its a hit" and "Portions for foxes" which was used on the O.C a while back) to pure pop for grown ups ("I Never") which wouldnt be out of place on a Patsy Cline record and then to country folk in the guise of "Absense of God" and "A Man/Me/Then Jim".

I cant recommend this album enough, Its all i have listened too in the last week, and i listen to a lot of music.

Between themselves and Bright Eyes its been an exceptional start to the year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Any links to a free listen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

they are on the saddle creek label.
    you cant go wrong with bands on that label.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

They're Fanf*ckingtastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭JimboPope

You can have a listen on http://www.rilokiley.com/

Theres a flash player on the website and you can skip through the songs from the new album there.

Check out the opening verse of "Its a Hit" (the first song), comparing George Bush to a chimp, class!

Advertisement