Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body Modification

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭snuffles

Off topic, elephamt king, but I see you're from Athlone. Do I recognize your name from the blast.ie boards, by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

blast.ie ..... I never knew such a site existed and am sorry I do.....the urge to spam rises....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Do it!

edibility wrote:
    blast.ie ..... I never knew such a site existed and am sorry I do.....the urge to spam rises....

Yeah, the forums there, for the most part, are complete and utter inane crap.

Mine life is a sad one. :(

The whole idea of blast is complete and utter crap tbh.

• Advertisement

Believe me, I don't go to the actual gigs if I can at all avoid it. This is what passes as 'alternative' in this end of the country, at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

The exact reason why I can't get tattooed or pierced. TIs a major pain, but meh. Nothing can be done

And Liz, if you're serious about acting, you can have no image of your own that you care about. You have to willing to change any aspect of yourself grow your hair, cut your hair, lose an arm (well maybe not that bad). Tatooes and piercings are a no-no, because it takes time and effort to cover them. ANd when you're starting off, you aren't worth the time and effort

Raphael wrote:
    ANd when you're starting off, you aren't worth the time and effort

Exactly. You don't want to give a director ANY reason to think that casting you could involve extra effort on their part, no matter how insignificant you feel a piercing or a tattoo is.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

a few other random ear piercings.
    septum(but id settle for a nostril)
    lip

Sorry guy, I don't think septum would suit you dear. Nose ring, yup; lip ring, yup; ear piercings, hell yeah!!

If anyone else plans on getting tatoos, i beseech you not to get those stupid tribal things *shudders*...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

Ed Norton, American history x. (for non-political reasons, purely asthetic tbh)
    Quad Erat Demonstratum

• Advertisement

What, you want a giant swastika on your chest?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Raphael wrote:
    And Liz, if you're serious about acting, you can have no image of your own that you care about. You have to willing to change any aspect of yourself grow your hair, cut your hair, lose an arm (well maybe not that bad). Tatooes and piercings are a no-no, because it takes time and effort to cover them. ANd when you're starting off, you aren't worth the time and effort

Mmmm I see your point, my backup plan for a career was politics, but no-one wants a TD/MEP/Taoiseach/UN Seceratary General (I can dream can't I?) with purple hair and piercings.

Heh, you never know :) it's a whole new generation coming up :P but yeah, somehow I'd imagine you'd be better off without them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

Raphael wrote:
    What, you want a giant swastika on your chest?

No, I think he looks cool with his tatoos. hence the asthetic reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

zelda213zu.jpg
    Gotta love this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Someone's going to regret that!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Especially if the next Zelda game sucked... *dear god, don't let it be*

I.....where.....HOW DARE YOU. ZELDA WILL NEVER EVER SUCK.
    And I do believe the person with that tat has it coloured now ^_^ it rocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

did ed norton really get tattooed for ahx? it woudn't have looked so striking if he was his usual, unmuscly skinnylooking, lotsa hair-having, self.

I severly doubt he actually got those tatooes done, it's probably just make up. Or maybe henna, since they're all just plain black

• Advertisement

I would agree with Raph, strangely.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

edibility wrote:
    The whole idea of blast is complete and utter crap tbh.

*sigh* It is today. But back in my day the Blast was my first gig and I loved it. Stary-eyed, 12 yr old boppin' away to Popstar (ADORE THEM).

It sucked after they left... Except of course Lokust *drools* They rock

Advertisement