Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ford focus beware!!

Options
  • 10-02-2005 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

:eek: got a new focus just gone 2 yrs,but the brakes have been squeaking since new, in and out of garage since i got it.left in for service last wednesday 2yrs to the day i got new, went back to collect told me they had fitted new frout pads and wanted me to pay for them,, was told at one point during yr when i had left car with them to fix brakes they had replaced them, now they tellin me they did not and tellin me they never told me that??
    would love to hear how long a set of pads lasted. and if any1 else had this kind of touble. only 33,000 mls on car,,
    have not paid for brake so car is now sitting in garage, but have taked legal advice, and have a solicitor on the case. brought car in [edited] beware!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

i got my focus brakes replaced at the 40,000 mile service

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Distance travelled between changes is often not a good indicator. Different people travel different roads, have different braking styles, etc. One person could get 60k out of a set of pads whereas others may only get 10k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

:eek: ..... was told at one point during yr when i had left car with them to fix brakes they had replaced them, now they tellin me they did not and tellin me they never told me that??
    .....!!!

Maybe they maybe they didn't. The only evidance is either what is on the previous receipe/work order or what you paid. If you do not have a record of either , it would be difficult to proove anything.

33K is not bad, not good either, depending on roads, useage, driving pattern etc.
    it's not a heavy car, so I'd expect >40K. However, if it has vented front disks, they could have used thinner pads than those used with Solid disks. so life is reduced accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pat the rat

[ The only evidance is either what is on the previous receipe/work order or what you paid. If you do not have a record of either , it would be difficult to proove anything.

33K is not bad, not good either, depending on roads, useage, driving pattern etc.
    it's not a heavy car, so I'd expect >40K. However, if it has vented front disks, they could have used thinner pads than those used with Solid disks. so life is reduced accordingly.[/QUOTE]

no did not get any receipe as done under guarantee. but it been squeaking since i brought it. drove me crazy. now guarantee ran out look like i am my own, if any1 got a problem with a new car get it fix st8 away with guarantee it fixed. do not trust you garage,,
    and never trust a ford garage namely [EDITED] but been on to ford themself they were no betteraaa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

pat, just pay them.

this is what my solicitor have sent casey..little bit!!our client purchased this car as brand new, instead of receiving trouble free motoring to which he was entitled, he has gone through a considerable period of inconvenience,
    it is quite clear from our client;s instructions that there been a fundamental breech of contract. we hereby give you notice on behalf of our client that unless an appropriare offer of compensation is offered together with his legal exenses for his inconvenience and lack of trouble free motoring, our instructions are to issue the appropriate proceedings.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

So you would not recommed buying from them??

I have 75k on my motor, still the same discs, and about another 5k left on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

the brakes on my focus always squeaked too.. but i ignored them ;-)..

quest.. does anyone have a 407.. i can't figure out how to use the back wipers.. read and re-read manual and don't want to ring garage cos know they will laugh..

Lainey wrote:
    the brakes on my focus always squeaked too.. but i ignored them ;-)..

quest.. does anyone have a 407.. i can't figure out how to use the back wipers.. read and re-read manual and don't want to ring garage cos know they will laugh..
    when u buy a new car u do not want it squeaking like something 10 yrs old..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

Just turn up the volume on your stereo!!
    Why has the name of the offending garage been edited out, I'd like to know so as to never go there??

Advertisement