Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3Com RAS 1500 Router

Options
  • 10-02-2005 4:32pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about these?

We have a 2 here in work and they are old and attached to an old system that
    some of our clients connect to. However one is being reallocated to another
    use and needs to be rebuilt from scratch.

I dont have any of the original CD's that came with it as they disappeared long
    before I joined the company.

Ive tried using a console cable, via cross over cable to the Ethernet port and
    dialling in. It has 2 ISDN cards in it capable 2 ISDN lines each.

Anyone any ideas.

Tox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

ToxicPaddy wrote:
    Anyone know anything about these?
    Sort of. I used one for approximately two years on a leased line here. I don't know if I have the CD but the software is available on the 3com site as is the manual in PDF format. The RAS1500 is lying somewhere around the office here somewhere with the X21 and null serial cables.
    Ive tried using a console cable, via cross over cable to the Ethernet port and
    dialling in. It has 2 ISDN cards in it capable 2 ISDN lines each.
    It has a web interface though I cannot remember the port it used. The serial port gives you access to the command line interface. Unless you know the commands it is probably better to use the web interface. I can check if I have any of the manual pdfs and software around on some old harddrives later tonight.

Regards...jmcc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

yeah I know a lot of the commands from day to day admin of it, but this one
    has never really been used as it was just a backup unit..

Ive downloaded all the docs from the website, the TERM software and the
    latest upgrades. Its runnin ver 2.5 of the firmware at the moment so its
    pretty mucn up to date..

Ahh Ill try a few things and see what i can find and then ring 3Com if all else
    fails..

Tox

Advertisement