Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Corolla Levin

Options
  • 10-02-2005 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about these lovely looking jap imports? They are becoming more available, with a fair few dealers selling them.

Would getting parts be a problem? Or are they the same under the hood as a regular Corolla?

A tempting purchase (after a big of haggling to get the price down of course:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=188113

da1093fl.jpg
    da1111fl.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

There are two different models:

- The Trueno and the Levin ... Similar apart from the light clusters and a few other small revisions...

Within the Trueno or the Levin range you can get the a few lower powered models but the ones to go for are the BZ-G or the BZ-R .. Both have the same unit - a 1.6 20v VVTi .. putting out around 165bhp, but the BZ-R has superstrut suspension .. a limited slip diff and a few other extras ..

If you are interested in importing one drop me a PM and I can point you in the right direction...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Dublin Automotive in Killbarrick import them if your in Dublin. I think he has one for sale at the mo'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Be careful what you're buying. I know a guy who has one that's been modified and it hadn't been remapped properly so it was overfuelling. He also had problems with the filth over the exhaust. I don't think it cost much to put right but you can get some nightmare DIY mods from Japan. That said he's dead happy with it and I think he's planny on bringing it up over 190bhp. I wouldn't count on many of the bits being standard Corolla parts though.

Advertisement