Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish times ad

• 10-02-2005 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

does anyine understand what the ad at the bus stops means... the Irish times 1 with say a W and a W from the text a different colour thanks, paddy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭utopian

paddyc wrote:
    does anyine understand what the ad at the bus stops means... the Irish times 1 with say a W and a W from the text a different colour thanks, paddy

I have no idea what this means.

However, is anyone else annoyed at the new Irish Times ads? Someone seems to have forgotten that the IT is a newspaper, not a "lifestyle" publicatin.

At this rate, I'll soon have to give the whole paper to the wife, not just the Saturday magazine.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

paddyc wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by this, what is it you want to know?

From what I gather it's just their new ad campaign which is trying to say that The Irish Times gives full coverage to every aspect of Irish life and understands the intricacies of it. Not the best ad campaign I've ever seen, mind you.

As for the ads hinting at it being a lifestyle publication, I dont think there's much to worry about, as I said I think the ads are more about their unique understanding of what it is to be an Irish citizen than knowing what's the best thing to do on a weekend and what clothes to wear while you're doing it

flogen

Advertisement