Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online poker

Options
  • 10-02-2005 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Really getting into poker and having lots of fun with some college friends playing home poker games. I'm interested in playing a bit online-just start off playing for fun to begin and then may open an account somewhere. I have one problem though. I want to play on the college computers and some of the sites mentioned in the sticky require a download which isn't always possible. Whenever i get onto a site that doesn;t require a download i cant connect which i'm guessing is down to the college firewall! Anyone got any suggestions on how a game could be possible for a bored college student!?
    Another possibility is that i have a mac laptop which i could use.

Thanks,
    HK
    I'm in UCD by the way if that helps things

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I think Yahoo have poker that does not need a download.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭the_viper2kie

that looks good but didn't work, says i'm behind a firewall too!
    any other suggestions?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

pokerroom.com

same problem again unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

pokerroom has a download and a non download dont see why it shouldnt work, look around this forum theres a thread about getting around the firewall from a couple of weeks ago

Also Pokerroom is the only site that will work on the Mac

• Advertisement

cheers bohsman!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Generally a college network is behind a firewall which prevents such delights as playing poker online. If you were in tcd I'd advise you to use the Maths unix comps as they have their own network and don't seem to have this nastyness :)

Advertisement