Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retards Anon.

Options
  • 07-02-2005 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

thegogz wrote:
    Hey everyone

I'm going to be djing in fibbers on parnell st next thursday its 3 euro in and 3 euro a drink all night.

Want to see fibbers as a metal bar again? come down next week to hear everything from Thrash metal to death metal If you have any suggestions on what you'd like to hear either post them here or bring a cd and I'll do my best to play it (if its good, no nu metal)
    A metal bar "again"? When was it ever a metal bar? I went there for 6 years when it was kicking (I even did DJ for a couple of nights in '97), and I can't say they really played much "death metal". A lot of Rock, Grunge, Metal (metallica and other light metal), Goth, etc - but I never would have classified it as a "metal" bar, and they certainly never played much trash or death metal. It's just full of gaming nerds now anyway.

But I do agree - no Nu metal. It sucks every type of ass imaginable.
    everything from Thrash metal to death metal
    Wow - covering the whole music spectrum there...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I went there for 6 years when it was kicking (I even did DJ for a couple of nights in '97)

And what years did you go there that it was kicking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gothic Warrior

1992-1998.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Wow - covering the whole music spectrum there...

lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

charging in again?
    does that mean the stairs are open and the check your coat rule is back in force?

if they start doing this again then the place is going back down hill

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It's just full of gaming nerds now anyway.

So? Alot of gaming nerds, including myself are into metal and frequent metal bars in our areas.

Now if the place was playing loads of power metal I could agree with the influence of gaming nerd being a problem...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 eskkes

Look what I just found in my drawer:

boards_fib.jpg

Edit: Can't say I see even one Death Metal/Trash metal band on that list.

well gothic Pussy cat, i can't believe I've just wasted a minute of my time
    seeing whats in your drawer. all you seem to do on this website is argue with people. if you have nothing positive to say, why don't you just not bother giving opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

i thought he was saying something positive by encouraging fibbers to continiue to rock like its trying to do now / used to a few years ago,
    rather than starting charging in again and playing music that they didnt always play....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Look what I just found in my drawer:

boards_fib.jpg

Edit: Can't say I see even one Death Metal/Trash metal band on that list.

then I am glad I went on a Friday night all those years ago when there was some serious moshing to Megadeth, Machine Head, Sepultura, Metallica, Slayer, Exodus, etc :)

eskkes wrote:
    all you seem to do on this website is argue with people. if you have nothing positive to say, why don't you just not bother giving opinions

The hypocrisy...

I have contributed an on-topic vintage Fibbers flyer to this thread - which is not only "positive" but very relevant to this whole discussion: yet your only post in this thread is flame baiting towards me!

You should have written that post about yourself, because it clearly isn't relevant to me.

if you have nothing positive to say, why don't you just not bother giving opinions

So you're saying that ALL opinions must be positive? That's probably the stupidest and dumbest thing I've ever heard. Where do you come from, Fluffy-Bunny-Rainbow-Land?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

:rolleyes: *sigh* why must the noobs be such bitches? :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

ocassionally not always and there is as Nesf pointed out a large ammount of us that are both.

hmmm a boards/metal/old fibber beer I may be there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

A metal bar "again"? When was it ever a metal bar?

Indeed - most bars are made of wood....

I went there for 6 years when it was kicking (I even did DJ for a couple of nights in '97), and I can't say they really played much "death metal". A lot of Rock, Grunge, Metal (metallica and other light metal), Goth, etc - but I never would have classified it as a "metal" bar, and they certainly never played much trash or death metal.

So tell me ... what is "metal" then? You said they played metal, and then say that is isn't a "metal" bar because it doesn't play a very very specific type of metal.

yeah......... of course you're right .....

/me looks at the posters username

yeah ....

hmmm could it be Gothic Warrior that you are complaining that fibbers was not metal only as you would not wish it to become so
    for that would mean there wont be a strobe pose circle dance of the goths to 'Temple of Love' or 'corrosion" for 25mins
    and well your nick would and dates you supplied would suggest you would welcome the strobe pose circle dance of the goths back to fibbers?

I'm not a goth dipsh*ts - my username is just taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm not a goth dipsh*ts - my username is just taking the piss.

Goths are people too, not dip****s!! They just haven't outgrown their teenage angst is all... :p

my username is just taking the piss.

Fair enough I shall then answer in kind.
    Your posing presumpiousnes, arrogance, ego and eletism suit also the theroy
    of you being some one who takes thier smudged eyeliner and themselves far
    too seriously.

If you were trying to liken yourself a visgoth warrior then you should have said so. As the term Gothic in a post punk / new romantic society is far differnt from
    it's orgins with the roaming middle eastern tribes.

but it would appear that you are closer to ss_06.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

ENOUGH!

Christ, you'd swear stupidity was a transmutable desease.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement