Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW class guide

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Aye, you can go three tree build with the priest, but everyone knows that shadow priests are far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

ach class's talent tree has three strands at sixty you'd be able to have one strand completely full and part of another

Apparently druids are the odd ones out here. The feral tree has a a total of 75 points needed to complete it (+ the skills that are really feral but in the other trees). Druid tree wasnt very well thought out with the most viable late game tree being restoration (innervate and NS have saved myself and my party from wipes). There are plently of druids who go the balance/feral route but they arent nearly as common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Ivan wrote:
    Aye, you can go three tree build with the priest, but everyone knows that shadow priests are far superior.

not true if you want to take part in high level instances

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

tuxy wrote:
    not true if you want to take part in high level instances

Aye, thats why I may re-spec to a tri-build at 60. Be better for instances and still good for pvp. I may just stay shadow though because a shadow priest is still (imo) a better healer than a druid.

I'll still just be healing on the instance runs but I'd have shadow for pvp. I dunno, all depends on how good a tri-build is at pvp because I'm sure a shadow build would scrape by for most high lvl instances. I won't be doing MC for a while anyway ;)

Quozl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Shadowform is useless... 21 is the min and max to put in shadow in my opinion. Silence/Mindflay/Blackout are the only essential talents.

After going 26 disc and 21 shadow(after about a million other templates) that was by far the best. Gives you an insane mana pool, inner focus and silence.

That said, I did spec out of shadow totally for Molten Core, I felt like dead weight on my first run while still disc/shadow specced. Goodbye my dueling days until battlegrounds... :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I'd guess you have more of a PvE raid focus than me Funky. I don't really want to be doing raid instances at 60 though I know I have to do some to get decent gear. So I'm reluctant to give up any pvp'ing ability for it.

They bored me as a Warlock but kind of a necessary evil to get gear for pvp'ing. I figure as a tri-build or even shadow priest I won't have trouble getting invites if I want one. Hopefully anyway.

On Eredar in US high level priests are like gold dust. Bladefist seems flooded with priests, hopefully they'll all quit by lvl 30 ;)

Greg

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Mages all agree on maxing out one talent tree (most popularly the Arcane one) and sticking the rest into one other. The Cold based tree seems to be out of favour due to high resist rates later on. Most go for 31/20 Arcane/Fire but some reverse that. Some have put 31 into Cold to try and balance out the resists and that can work too but they all agree to max one and put 20 in another, leaving one practically empty. Then again, mages are an extreme class anyway.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

warriors and warlocks have both issues with their games in balance and arsenal against other classes, warlocks have some pve issues also

so... there are some 'valid' :)

Advertisement