Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda opinions?

Options
  • 10-02-2005 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭

I am looking into buying a property in Drogheda, and planning to commute to Dublin by train. I couldn't afford to spend more than 260K, any tips on where to look, different estates in Drogheda etc? Preferences would be safety and accessibility to train etc.

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Try Collon, it's only 5 mins from Drogheda, but cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

there's not much life in collon, let me suggest (although not too much better) duleek or maybe laytown???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

positron:

five oaks
    wheaton hall
    bryanstown
    stameen
    beaubec
    (theres others but i cant remember, look at the dublin road but remember that houses anywhere near it will be extra due to location- the right side of town)

are all at most 15-20 minutes walk from the station. not much for sale in stameen though,houses go pretty fast. probably the same for five oaks. best bet would be grange rath (further out again from stameen) or wheaton hall

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Highlander

positron wrote:
    I am looking into buying a property in Drogheda, and planning to commute to Dublin by train. I couldn't afford to spend more than 260K, any tips on where to look, different estates in Drogheda etc? Preferences would be safety and accessibility to train etc.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi Positron, train station is on Dublin Road, estates on or around Dublin Road tend to be more expensive, Highlands (where I live) and Riverbank both on the Rathmullan Road are nice safe estates and you would get very nice house within your budget, only downside is that they are both about mile & half from the train station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Termon Abbey. Lovely estate, just starting to mature & still reasonable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Highlander

Also forgot Silk Park, new 3 bed houses on sale now, reasonable enough, about 15 minute walk to train station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Beano_ie

Laytown would be a good spot, its close to Drogheda dn Dublin, lus you have a train station too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks a million Highlander, Beano, iMax, klong, upmeath and mise_me_fein!!

Highlander, thanks for the tip, I have a few friends who live in Highlands, I like its location etc, but its a bit too far from the station, to walk. I had a house booked in the Silk Park, cancelled for personal preferences (it wasn’t the distance.)

It goes to other suggestions as well, my gf can't drive, and that restricts my choices to the estates closer to the station (Wheaton Hall, Brianstwon Manor, etc)

Thanks again for all the help! :)

Advertisement