Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a Rugby team in NorthDublin

• 10-02-2005 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Im 17 and currently looking to join a Rugby team to join in N.Dublin but dont know how to go about, is there age groups ie U17 U18 etc .

Any suggestions would be greatful

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

There is under 18 and then under 19 (Well there used to be when i played thos age grades). In North Dublin, there is Clontarf (which Trojan will know about) and also Coolmine and Garda (smaller clubs). off hand i'm struggling to name any more north dublin clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Clontarf would probably be your best bet alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

How hard is it to get into rugby? Ive never played the game before, but would love to start playing and join a team. Are there any teams out there who take newcomers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Thanks dave! Didnt realise it was that straight forward to get into. I always thought (for some reason) that you had to have played it at school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Kazzer, if you live in Swords or Malahide or anywhere north of those, then Skerries would be your best bet. A very good, well run and open club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Kazzer, if you live in Swords or Malahide or anywhere north of those, then Skerries would be your best bet. A very good, well run and open club.

Skerries has the second coldest home pitch in Ireland....after Greystones :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Personnaly i would suggest a small club to begin with so you'll get more games, i was having this exact conversation last night as i plan to resume playing next year, im in south dub, so im either gonna go for Monkstown or Railway union. To add to suggestions there's also suttonians along the Dart line, small club.
    For a full list of all the leauges and clubs, go here .
    The Reamx Leinster Leauge and AIB all Ireland leauge are the senior leagues, but all the teams in those would have under 18 sides, like clondalkin RFC for example, so when you see one near you, ust look them up in the phone book, ask them when they're next training, and if you can go down, and you can start from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Yeah, really, really want to get back into rugby again. Havent played really since 3rd year and messed around in 6th year. Now in 2nd year college at 19.

Can't honestly say what my level would be now, been so long since I had a proper game with training but used to love it. Stopped because I was underage and prefered to play with friends blah, blah. Anway in Leopardstown and saw a sign looking for players in Stillorgan RC, might give them a look. Or maybe a bigger club would be a better bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Regarding Clontarf: either fill out the form on www.clontarfrugby.com, or if you're on for a run just show up on Tuesday or Thursday at 7 at Castle Avenue and look for the 3rd As/Bs (if you're much better than that don't worry, you won't last long down with us ;)).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

And just read DubGuy22s message: don't listen to him, Suttonians are losers (36-10 today :)), and you'll get plenty of games at the bigger clubs: we have 1sts, 2nds, 3rds, 3rd As and 3rd Bs fielding adult teams almost every weekend (yeah, the 2nds and 3rds aint so hot at the mo).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

hehe :) well i don't know anyone at suttonians...so screw 'em....go for Clontarf!

Advertisement