Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loosing Internet Gateway on wireless network

Options
  • 10-02-2005 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

I have a problem on my home wireless setup that has me baffled.

Basically I have two Dell computers (desktop and lappy) connected via wireless working on XP. The desktop is an Internet Gateway for my laptop to the broadband connection.

The network itself seems ok for file transfer etc, but the lappy keeps loosing the gateway when rebooted/switched off. I then go through the XP n/w setup again and the gateway works again until the next reboot.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Have you tried manually configuring the tcp/ip settings?

assign an ip / subnet and gateway tru tcp/ip properties

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Hi Az

Yeah, I've tried both ways - same result

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

hmmm

Ok, reset tcp/ip on the lappy:
    *Click* Start - run - netsh int ip reset reset.txt - ok

If that doesn't work, search for and delete winsock.dll and reboot. Should be located in c:\windows\system32 (winsock is responsible for networking components on XP, could be currupt, when you reboot windows will replace the file)

Advertisement