Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Poker Table Top

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

love this one, am starting to build one now.
    http://junell.smugmug.com/gallery/215897

couldn't get proper velveteen as recommended
    so got some nice snookertable felt.. expensive though
    reckon it'll cost near enough 90 quid for the wood and
    100 gone on the felt already.

you can buy some cup holders and rail vinyl on ebay
    but some more amazing tables can be seen here
    http://www.homepokertourney.com/tables_build.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

That 2nd one is VERY nice! Impressive!

just a word of warning, do not use felt. it will bobble like crazy after a few games, all the dragging of chips etc. That velveteen looks great. Allot of work though. I wouldn't put the drinks holder on it myself. I'd prefer to invest in some little chair side drink stands. You don't want anything spilling on that!

there's the cheapo felt that bobbles like mad that we've used befor in our
    weekly game as a table cloth.. it's crap.. but i got snooker table felt that
    was about 100 euro so it should be alright no? snooker tables get a bit of
    wear and you can buy brushes to clean them... hope it'll be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Hope the moderators dont mind me saying but in the next coulpe of weeks I am hoping to add Del Negro Tables to my range on Fullhouse Poker Chips.com . If any of you know Del Negro its expensive stuff! But some of the best quality workmanship I have ever seen on playing tables.

So if your the NON-Diy type this might be one to go for if you are looking for a great quality playing table.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭AmarilloFats

how much are the delnegro tables??? Where do the fitz get their tables!?!??

• Advertisement

murfie wrote:
    Hope the moderators dont mind me saying but in the next coulpe of weeks I am hoping to add Del Negro Tables....

cant' find anything on the web about them?
    can you post any links/pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Sorry the website is being updated with the Dal Negro products and also a golfing section. Hopefully middle of next week everything should be on it. but you can find the tables and other bit on dalnegro.com. The real quality tables will be in the region of €3000. Expensive i know but the best quality gear I have ever seen out there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

I second that - definatly dont use felt. I did and it was bobbling up after hald an hour. Got some velveteen from http://distinctivefabric.com, took ages to deliver, 3 months or so. the free samples only took a week or so to arrive.

Advertisement