Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

audio visual sender/reciever

Options
  • 10-02-2005 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi,
    firstly i know theres AV senders and recievers that send like the image and sound coming from a scart plug out to the reciever but what im looking for is ...
    is there anything such thing as something you can split your cable with a simple y splitter then plug one into the television then the other into a box that sends the whole signal to the reciever so that what ever television is pluged into the reciever you can change the channel. So that the two televisions can look at different stations.

Its for a relative in hospital they have one of those portable televisions but hey rte1 + 2 and tv3 isnt going to keep you saine in hospital. and the nurses always put the crazy ones beside the television :) so want to be able to get this for them so they can have all the stations on the cable.

thanks
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

If I read it correctly you want something that can wirelessly transmit the entire frequency range of cable tv and decode it at the other end so a tv can tune in any channel.

Simple answer is no.

You could split the cable input and run a new cable to the tv, but I assume that is not acceptable in the hospital.

If you were going to use a video sender you would need a device to tune in the tv channel and output the A/V signal to the video sender so this device (vcr for example) can be used to change the channel the remote tv is displaying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You can get wireless video senders and recievers. I have a pair, they transmit on 1 Ghz, so probably won't be too safe in a hospital.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭paulthelegend

If my memory serves me right this little tv has AV in and Av out but also has a part for a coaxial cable.

the hospital wouldnt mind you pluging the pipe into a splitter and run one to the tv they have and one to the AV sender...

so i want to basically plug the coaxial that i split beside the tv all the way over to the handheld tv but without a big long dangerous wire :) so that the hand held will act like theres a pipe being pluged into it directly from the wall. and the handheld will tune in the stations etc

possible or mission impossible?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Did you ignore my post, and just ask the same question a second time.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

Paul - what you're looking for doesn't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Hi,
    firstly i know theres AV senders and recievers that send like the image and sound coming from a scart plug out to the reciever but what im looking for is ...
    is there anything such thing as something you can split your cable with a simple y splitter then plug one into the television then the other into a box that sends the whole signal to the reciever so that what ever television is pluged into the reciever you can change the channel. So that the two televisions can look at different stations.

Its for a relative in hospital they have one of those portable televisions but hey rte1 + 2 and tv3 isnt going to keep you saine in hospital. and the nurses always put the crazy ones beside the television :) so want to be able to get this for them so they can have all the stations on the cable.

thanks
    Paul

You could get a cheap or secondhand video machine. Set up all the cable channels. Connect the video to the cable TV and connect the AV sender to the video and AV receiver to the tv and there you go. Remember to have the eye thing facing at the video so you can change channels.
    BTW Sometimes microwave ovens interfere with these 2.4ghz senders!!!
    Tell us how you get on!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭paulthelegend

Lump i didn't ignore your post i was just clarifying what i needed. And if you have these and they send the whole spectrum of channels can you give me the name and model number etc so i can check them out.

greenman thats an excellent idea, thinking outside the box :) ill break the video part to stop the mad owl wans trying to put sandwhiches in it etc ... if i cant find what im looking for then your idea wins :) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Lump i didn't ignore your post i was just clarifying what i needed. And if you have these and they send the whole spectrum of channels can you give me the name and model number etc so i can check them out.

greenman thats an excellent idea, thinking outside the box :) ill break the video part to stop the mad owl wans trying to put sandwhiches in it etc ... if i cant find what im looking for then your idea wins :) thanks

Well you didn't read my effing post. You CANNOT get wireless senders that transmit the entire spectrum.

Advertisement