Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alfa Romeo Giulietta (78-86) ?

• 10-02-2005 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

Does anybody here recall the Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1978-1986 model ?

I liked the look of this car when it was about in the 80's, mind you there wasn't too many of the around back then !

Haven't seen one for years ?

These pics are of current cars in South Africa - suppose the dry climate there is a big help ?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hmmm proof that not every Alfa was a looker (Bertone?).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

I remember them - I liked the styling - but then I like the styling on all Alfa's except the Arna :(
    I loved the stub type bootlid with the little lip at the end. However the original cars look best - before they tacked on all those plastic bits. One of the guys at work had one - it rusted very quickly and possibly was the worst Alfa ever made in quality terms.
    I had serious concerns about the demise of the Alfa brand after this car - Alfa at its lowest point I think :rolleyes:

If you like to read up and look at pics of Alfas this link mught be useful :)

http://dmoz.org/Recreation/Autos/Makes_and_Models/Alfa_Romeo/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

I had a die-cast model of one of these and loved it! I haven't seen a pic of one of them in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Alfa Arna???????? Was'nt that horror a Datsun Cherry with an Alfa engine? Surely the lowest moment in Alfa history -

Mike.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Paul (MN) wrote:
    I had a die-cast model of one of these and loved it!
    Did it rust?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,825 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Remember them well. My uncle had a string of them. Haven't seen one either for about 15 years probably. Disagree with mike65 on the looks. I can see a natural progression from the Giulietta to the 155
    Did it rust?

damn, you beat me to it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

The definitive Irish-Italian chipper owner's car. In red of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Their lowest point ? no I think making front wheel drive sports cars was their lowest point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

So, has anybody actually seen a Giulietta in Ireland in recent times ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Saw one in the Jervis centre car park a few months ago, seemed in good nick too.

• Advertisement

Really ???
    Are you sure it wasn't an Alfa 75 or 155 ?

Have a look at the second pic in my original post above - the rear design of the Giulietta is very distinctive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Damn sorry, looking it the pictures it wasn't one of those. I think it was a GTV I saw, you know the coupes from the same period?

Sorry for getting your hopes up there.

No worries ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,825 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mike65 wrote:
    Surely the lowest moment in Alfa history

The lowest moment is about now

Imagine you desperately want to prostitute yourself to GM for next to nothing and you fail :(

Advertisement