Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hacking Bluetooth Dongles

Options
  • 10-02-2005 11:33pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I spent a couple of hours today trying to figure out why I didn't have Headset/Audio profiles available on my laptop via an internal dongle. The dongle is a CSR chip set but Acer branded. Turns out profiles are firmware based and that the hardware is pretty stnadard.

After alot of googling I found a generic CSR firmware much later then my version, a set of hacked files for a later version of the diver/apps and a install package from HP intended for their gear.

When I installed the HP package it tried to flash the firmware on dongle but falied so I subbed in the new generic firmware and it worked. After it finishes installing The apps refuse to work as it konows its running on non HP hardware so the hacked files fix that. What I ened up with is a Bluetooth install that supports all the Audio/Headset profiles. The bule light that use to flash on the fron dosnt now but thats not a big deal. Had a scare near the end where I thought the dongle was dead but it came back after a reboot.

Anyway if anyone else has similar gear (the laptop is a Acer Travelmate 800 but CSR make BT chips for loads of people) I still have all the files.

I want to play arond with Skype + my 6230 + BT headset tomorrow and see if I can get an integrated comms system through the laptop.

:)

Advertisement